Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why can’t I see photos uploaded on threads by other members anymore?

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Default Re: Why can’t I see photos uploaded on threads by other members anymore?

I can see the lizard and flowers, but not the ones on the thread Glitch linked.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Why can’t I see photos uploaded on threads by other members anymore?

I can see the pictures you posted just fine, Chromis!

I can't see the picture in the thread Glitch linked, but Lady Stardust posted the links to the pictures and it worked. Sometimes people grab the wrong code, it happens.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I don't know lapushka, I've been on a few theads were it's obvious others can see the pic, but I can't.
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post

I can't see the picture in the thread Glitch linked, but Lady Stardust posted the links to the pictures and it worked. Sometimes people grab the wrong code, it happens.
    I’m pretty sure I checked at the time and it was the right code, but I added an s, couldn’t get the picture to display either so I just posted the link. I think there is a problem with hosting photos on tinypic.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I think I managed a general fix for the HTTPS issue, but it doesn't work for image hosts that haven't switched to HTTPS yet. To further confuse things, older browsers will show http images but other (most likely updated) browsers wont (because they want you to be secure). So, I can see the images in the link below in one browser, but not in another. At this point, I'd assume that if you can't see an image, it is probably not on a secure website. Up to you whether you "Reply with quote" to copy and paste the link or not, but I'd recommend not following the image and advising the posters to switch to a compliant image host for their pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I can't see any photos before the https change, meaning it's basically because the old http isn't being supported anymore (related compatibility issues with it). Aside from that, here's an example of a recent post where the image didn't show for many, but did for others. It was visible on Safari (old version) for me, but not on Google Chrome (new version). I know Chrome's been making a lot of recent changes for security, so I think it'll just take some time? I hope so, anyway! Pili can't see photos from the newest Safari, so I'm assuming there are various changes happening across all browsers.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    I think I managed a general fix for the HTTPS issue, but it doesn't work for image hosts that haven't switched to HTTPS yet. To further confuse things, older browsers will show http images but other (most likely updated) browsers wont (because they want you to be secure). So, I can see the images in the link below in one browser, but not in another. At this point, I'd assume that if you can't see an image, it is probably not on a secure website. Up to you whether you "Reply with quote" to copy and paste the link or not, but I'd recommend not following the image and advising the posters to switch to a compliant image host for their pictures.
    I'm not terribly savvy when it comes to code. Thanks for this.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I posted one from Flickr and one from Imjur both by just copying the image url, it sounds like we will need to experiment to see what photo hosts will and won't work. I have been trying to figure out a bit more before making a new photo tutorial though since someone was having issues with Imjur last week too.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post

Worked for some I was still unable to open them from my version of Chrome - like Chromis said, it's indeed the image host itself which doesn't support https, which my browser won't work with anymore. My older version of Safari works with both, so it was able to open the links.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    I posted one from Flickr and one from Imjur both by just copying the image url, it sounds like we will need to experiment to see what photo hosts will and won't work. I have been trying to figure out a bit more before making a new photo tutorial though since someone was having issues with Imjur last week too.
    Awesome! So many have become finicky so this would be very helpful, especially for new members
    Last edited by Glitch; May 28th, 2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: me and my quoting endless problems

Type
    2a/C/iii

I can see the pictures posted by Chromis, but not the pictures posted by Glitch and Lady Stardust.

The latter problem is due to Tinypic not returning a JPG image, but rather redirecting the request to a HTML page. This is bad. I suggest using a different photo host.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Okay, off to open a thread in the testing forum! Feel free to shout out any other common hosts you guys use (aside from you awesome folks that host your own of course) and chime in if you deon't see something! It looks like some are easily fixed on the forum side (adding the s), but others are hosting problems, or older browser issues. This way we can make a whitelist of hosts that we know should work and known troublemakers.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.