Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hair typing advice please

Length
    Chin/TBL+/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hair typing advice please

It's very nice to hear about your mom; that you have that connection now to her. I hope it encourages you to grow longer. Good luck on your journey.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Thank you x

I’ll be very happy indeed if my hair looks like yours!

Haha you think like me :-) That’s lawyers for you!! I think it’s a mix of types, straighter on top (1b) and roaming free underneath (1c). I can’t wait to see whether the canopy does anything different as it gets longer. I do get the occasional wave from the temples too but funnily enough that didn’t really happen yesterday.

Wendyp your hairtyping experiment the other day inspired me to see what happened with mine so I’m glad you dropped by! Isn’t it confusing though? I feel like I need to learn from scratch.

I’m going for a trim today and can’t wait to talk about it with my hairdresser. She’s always said my hair waves from the occipital bone down. I can see that my daughter’s hair does that, it was easy to tell when she only had 1-2 mm hair.

My hairdresser is one of those rare breeds, she’s great. Last time I saw her she asked what my hair did if I didn’t touch it.
    Oh that word hairdresser makes me break out in a sweat I started this forum with 1afii, now I’m 1cmii hair lol. I’m shooting for iii hair lol! I think it’s utterly important to know your hair type. Wavy hair has different requirements than straight strands. super excited for you it’s going to be fun watching your progress!
    currently hip length..3.0 thickness (at the nape past that damage from commercial color and bad habits)

Length
    CBL/WL+/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Iíll be very happy indeed if my hair looks like yours!
    You're too kind!
    CBL → APL → BSL→ MBL → WL+
    ⋆Natural blonette growing to virgin hip⋆