Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expiry dates for conditioners?

Length
    APL/HL/CL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Expiry dates for conditioners?

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Where I live, companies aren't required to put expiration dates on beauty products. I've personally never seen any. Other than that, my mom believes companies slap on exp dates far earlier than needed, just so people will go through more products I guess it just comes down to various factors!
    I've read that expiration dates don't really mean that the product expires on this particular day, it means that if you use it past this date and get an allergic reaction, the company won't be responsible for the outcome.

I use up most of my hair stuff in three weeks tops, it's hard to hoard products when you're bathing your hair in bottles of conditioner at a time so yeah, the only experience I have is Lush, their stuff definitely starts to smell funky after expiration date, but they do put a ton of natural ingredients there. I think I probably wouldn't risk using any product after the exp. date, if there's a possibility of irritation, my sensitive butt will get it. If you're ok with it, then great
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Expiry dates for conditioners?

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I've read that expiration dates don't really mean that the product expires on this particular day, it means that if you use it past this date and get an allergic reaction, the company won't be responsible for the outcome.

I use up most of my hair stuff in three weeks tops, it's hard to hoard products when you're bathing your hair in bottles of conditioner at a time so yeah, the only experience I have is Lush, their stuff definitely starts to smell funky after expiration date, but they do put a ton of natural ingredients there. I think I probably wouldn't risk using any product after the exp. date, if there's a possibility of irritation, my sensitive butt will get it. If you're ok with it, then great
    Interesting to know! Thanks for sharing. I'm really sensitive to random things at times (I've recently suddenly become lactose intolerant as well as allergic to a previously loved oil!) but share hair shampoos and conditioners with others I live with. Everyone uses them up frequently and so none of them stick around for long. It would be neat to know if they can possibly affect me when they pass their exp dates, not that I'd love to find out though With other long-term items, not hair-related, I've never experienced anything going wrong, so hopefully it's a good sign