Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once again asking for advice

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Once again asking for advice

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I have a couple of small satin scrunchies of slightly different sizes, and neither of them will hold a braid in my thin ends, so they may not work for the OP, especially if other fabric ties don't work :-/

I used a satin scarf before I got my satin bonnet, which I'd picked up from a charity shop for almost nothing. I twisted it round the length and into a cinnabun, though I don't know if it would work at shorter lengths - having said that, the extra length of the scarf might make up for it? I actually tied the scarf ends around the stem of the cinnabun, but I suppose you could also use a regular hairtie over a satin scarf without damage. I'm not sure. Sorry I can't actually be of much help!

Oh, have you tried rope braids? I find they have slightly fewer sticky-out bits than usual braids, for me.
    Oh sorry to hear Normal ties don't work for me either, but when I found the right silk satin scrunchie with my fit, it did/does work for me. Maybe it's something to do with your texture, since it's almost pin straight naturally? Though I keep my hair straight, so I'm not so sure.

Rope braids are very comfy!

Length
    APL/HL+/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Once again asking for advice

I sleep with my hair in a bun on top of my head ever since my sleep braid tried to strangle me. I either use a claw clip or a hair tie made from pantyhose to secure it. The nylon hair tie is a bit more comfy though.
    Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind.
    Unruly mixture of 3s. HL+ with fairytale ends. BCL stretched.
    My progress pix on imgur