Thread: Joico K‑PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

Question Joico K‑PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

I picked up the Joico K‑PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor and the Intense Hydrator yesterday because of 50% sale at Ulta. I understand that the joico k pak Reconstructor is a protein treatment and the hydrator is a moisture treatment. Does anybody here have any experience using these products?

I do use heat on my hair once a week after each wash to straighten it. My hair's texture is 3b. I am not sure if adding some protein to my regimen will help reduce the damage ?

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Joico K‑PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

I've used both for my hair--love them! My hair generally shies away from protein, but K-PAK did alright for it. I didn't use them constantly--only on an "as needed" basis.

YMMV
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I used it sometimes only whenever I need it. But I love the product! It really works wonders for my hair!

I loved the Intense Hydrator after clarifying with Joico Chelating/Clarifying Shampoo.....but now find my hair loves the extra moisture so I use it after all shampoos, and just use my Joico Moisture as a leave in.
    My hair is fine/wispy silver and it doesn't weight it down; I use it 1-2x/week (up to 3x in Summer).

I have never used the reconstructor and have no ingredients/protein know how at all

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Just one thing... you can't reduce damage. If your hair is heat damaged there is no way of repairing it. You will notice at the white dots along the hair shaft (usually quite high up). So I would examine the hair for those (on dry hair, in good lighting).

Always follow protein with moisture, that's about the only thing you need to really look out for.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/32"/32"
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

I got the Intense Hydrator after Upside Down recommended it over on the Keratin thread. I love it! So far I have been putting a bit on my ends the day before I shampoo. I'm planing to use it after the next time I keratin straighten as well.
    *Last box dye - 12/2013, Last highlights - 05/2014, Dyed hair gone! - 11/2018 * Goldwell Kerasilk! - 09/16, 04/17, 08/17, 06/18*

So many great replies. Thank you guys for sharing your experiences. I will use it this weekend during my next wash.

I have been heat styling my hair for years and it's in a pretty good condition so far. But since I heat style often, I am thinking of adding some protein to hopefully protect my ends. Damage is damage, but I don't want to completely trash my hair lol

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

As lapushka's said: use moisture after protein. It alone can dry your hair!

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I second lapushka and Milady_DeWinter! When you are doing protein treatments you always have to follow up with moisture. You can't just use protein alone or it will dry your hair out!