Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sodawood

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Sodawood

Okay. Fess up. Has anyone bought from Sodawood on Etsy yet? I've been loving what's being developed with wood and resin lately, and, like a few similar artisans like Karina at KarinaArtGallery, have found Sergey at Sodawood to have an eye for smooth detail, colour, and form while being fairly well priced.

I've had some lovely interaction with this artisan so far. He's very attentive to inquiries, informative and willing to please. And purchases are shipped quickly, with tracking (that may or may not fully work for you, depending on location). As for the rest of it... well, I can't say. My pretties are still travelling so I'll have to get back to you on that.

What did I get? Nosy rosy.

Well, this mother of pearl and rosewood stick. And this pair of brass leaf and oak sticks (that can be made with amber and rosewood if you want).

And more recently, this spectacular oak, resin and luminophore 4 prong fork!

Sooooo... gimme the dirt. The reviews are pretty good, but there's not much there in the way of hairtoys. Yet.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Sodawood

He does have some lovely things. I'm taking a break from hairtoys for a bit. Though there are still some on their way to me at present
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Very well chosen hair goodies, but the fork is stunning That is an absolute MUST for action shots!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

How strange, I happened upon that shop just last night! Haven't bought anything, but there are certainly some beautiful hairtoys to drool over
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Got my first one yesterday! I'll post up action shots as soon as I can get a free moment - it takes a bit to get them to the US as he's in the Ukraine - but it's a truly lovely stick - perfectly smooth - shipped well and even came with a little bonus of matching earrings!

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I've been following him for awhile. Waiting to catch the perfect fork

Especially after missing this tempting beauty: https://www.etsy.com/listing/5692041...d_out_detail=1

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mwallingford View Post
    Very well chosen hair goodies, but the fork is stunning That is an absolute MUST for action shots!
    Absolutely! It actually hasn't shipped yet, so will be a bit of a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire511 View Post
    Got my first one yesterday! I'll post up action shots as soon as I can get a free moment - it takes a bit to get them to the US as he's in the Ukraine - but it's a truly lovely stick - perfectly smooth - shipped well and even came with a little bonus of matching earrings!
    Yaaaaaaaay! And yeah, I think I'm almost immune to the longer waits for mail thanks to living on a far away island on the underside of the planet. From Russia and Ukraine, it takes about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by sourgrl View Post
    I've been following him for awhile. Waiting to catch the perfect fork

Especially after missing this tempting beauty: https://www.etsy.com/listing/5692041...d_out_detail=1
    Yeeeeeeeeeh, I saw that fork, and my eyes boggled! I had no idea he was making stuff like that. How gorgeous is it!! Just wow! And then... well, as you saw, the rest is history. I'm still doing happy dances as it's a dream fork for me at a fantastic price.

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    1b/F/i

Leave it up to you Crystawni. Saw this thread; snagged this fork. It looks like a sunset or a sunrise in the desert to me (the bubbles look like stars IMHO). Can't figure out which but love it!

BTW, that 4-prong number

I'm comforting myself by telling me that it would be too heavy for my hair.
    Last edited by lunasea; April 27th, 2018 at 05:42 PM.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Oh, lunasea, that is PERFECT for you! And it better not be too heavy, because it really looks like it was made especially for you. I can't wait to see it in action!

Type
    1b/F/i

Oh, Crystawni, you misunderstand....I’m comforting myself about missing that 4 prong that you got by telling myself it would be too heavy. That fork is fabulous!
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas