Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: No-trimming 2020!

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: No-trimming 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by WineMom13 View Post
    I'm in, I don't trust those evil people with scissors anyway. Almost let my brother in law give me a trim last year (he used to be a stylist), till he started talking about "texturizing" my hair. I quickly changed my mind. On a side note, I'm signing my kid up too. I finally let that same brother in law take my son in for a haircut, despite major planning, discussions, and pictures, my son's waist-length hair was shaved off, and it is crooked in the front! We no longer discuss anything involving the word hair, and I still walk out of the room half the time when he enters.
    What happened with your son is totally inexcusable. Was it even talked about that he would take so much length off?! OMG From waist to that short is... big.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    24/31"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I'm in, I don't trust those evil people with scissors anyway. Almost let my brother in law give me a trim last year (he used to be a stylist), till he started talking about "texturizing" my hair. I quickly changed my mind. On a side note, I'm signing my kid up too. I finally let that same brother in law take my son in for a haircut, despite major planning, discussions, and pictures, my son's waist-length hair was shaved off, and it is crooked in the front! We no longer discuss anything involving the word hair, and I still walk out of the room half the time when he enters.
    This is truly insane!! Sorry that happened to your son, and to your relationship between you and your brother in law!!

I use a Crea Clip dupe I bought from eBay for about $10. Google them, they're fantastic. You may need help to actually get it in position, but YOU can do the trimming part yourself. Not that I should be talking about that in a 'NO trimming' thread

I'm in for the year, last year I have myself 3 small trims of 1 inch at a time. My ends were thin and fragile, they needed it, but S & D would've done the trick. I'm so lazy about search and destroy, I really need to make a habit of sitting down and doing it this year. Even now I can look down and see some splits but I'm not motivated to go and get the scissors!
    APL - BSL - MBL - **WL** - HL - TBL
    Last dye: Feb 2017
    Last trim: 8th September 2019

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    What happened with your son is totally inexcusable. Was it even talked about that he would take so much length off?! OMG From waist to that short is... big.
    From past experience, I knew there was going to be some major post cut regret in there and we found a haircut he and I both liked that was manly but would quickly grow out if he hated it, and its easier to cut it off than grow it back. When he got his first haircut at 3 he liked it but immediately wanted his hair back. Unfortunately, there had been some major bullying issues and comments about his hair, which prompted his request for a cut, and led to me being bullied into getting him a haircut, previous to this the last 2 planned haircuts were interrupted by sudden deaths in the family so I was already skittish, my sister was about to have brain surgery so I told her if she came back from that I would let him get his haircut, she survived so I let it happen, but when he came back I was pissed. The bullying and comments were mostly from adults, telling him he looked like a girl, and I've had horrible problems with his teachers messing with his hair, generally, in the mornings I would brush his hair and braid it, several times this year he came home from school with a high ponytail like a girl, and I generally avoid ponytails for fear of causing break lines. A month after his cut he announced he wanted knee length hair.

Type
    3b/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Blue View Post
    A long hair friend just went to the hair dresser for a "trim". Came back 6 inches shorter! She almost cried! I totally understand

I have learned from the LHC to trim your own hair, or at the very least make sure you can trust your hair dresser.
    OR join a no trim year long challenge! (and then trim your own, if needed )

All I could think about was what I have learned about the benefits of NOT GOING TO THE HAIRDRESSER FOR A TRIM
    Yes! This was a major breakthrough for me when I first joined LHC. It's so empowering to realize you don't need to go to a salon if you don't want to . I haven't been in over 3 years. I've only done a few microtrims in that time with a good pair of scissors I ordered. I've saved so much time and money and my hair is longer than ever (when I always believed I was incapable of ever having long hair). I'm in for no trims for 2020!

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHealthy View Post
    This is truly insane!! Sorry that happened to your son, and to your relationship between you and your brother in law!!

I use a Crea Clip dupe I bought from eBay for about $10. Google them, they're fantastic. You may need help to actually get it in position, but YOU can do the trimming part yourself. Not that I should be talking about that in a 'NO trimming' thread

I'm in for the year, last year I have myself 3 small trims of 1 inch at a time. My ends were thin and fragile, they needed it, but S & D would've done the trick. I'm so lazy about search and destroy, I really need to make a habit of sitting down and doing it this year. Even now I can look down and see some splits but I'm not motivated to go and get the scissors!
    I'm slowly getting over being mad, but then last month my sister said he was starting to look shaggy and suggested a trim, we really just shouldn't talk about hair. it's like talking about religion or politics with normal families.

I've never been one for trims or haircuts, I've had 2 haircuts since I turned 19, I shaved my head back when I joined the military at 21 (my bun was too big for regulations and my hair was starting to mildew from never drying) and then a spur of the moment cut in 2018 where I cut it back to BSL in one big blunt cut (that stylist literally left me looking ridiculous, but once I got home and used the right products it looked amazing). I much prefer my fairy tale ends as a blunt hemline makes it impossible for me to use hairpins to hold my bun up and I can never find a hair tie. Might look into the crea clip for my kid's hair, my hair is so thick, I would need like 6.

Length
    24/31"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Well if your son's hair is thick, maybe you could do the trimming yourself, if it ever needs it! A creaclip just makes a straight across cut. You could possibly do that yourself without the clip!

Length
    buzz/Hip/TBL+?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm slowly getting over being mad, but then last month my sister said he was starting to look shaggy and suggested a trim, we really just shouldn't talk about hair. it's like talking about religion or politics with normal families.

I've never been one for trims or haircuts, I've had 2 haircuts since I turned 19, I shaved my head back when I joined the military at 21 (my bun was too big for regulations and my hair was starting to mildew from never drying) and then a spur of the moment cut in 2018 where I cut it back to BSL in one big blunt cut (that stylist literally left me looking ridiculous, but once I got home and used the right products it looked amazing). I much prefer my fairy tale ends as a blunt hemline makes it impossible for me to use hairpins to hold my bun up and I can never find a hair tie. Might look into the crea clip for my kid's hair, my hair is so thick, I would need like 6.
    Just catching up on this thread and wanted to express my support for your son having whatever hair he likes and learning from this experience to never relent to pressure from others to cut it. Feel for you guys

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

From past experience, I knew there was going to be some major post cut regret in there and we found a haircut he and I both liked that was manly but would quickly grow out if he hated it, and its easier to cut it off than grow it back. When he got his first haircut at 3 he liked it but immediately wanted his hair back. Unfortunately, there had been some major bullying issues and comments about his hair, which prompted his request for a cut, and led to me being bullied into getting him a haircut, previous to this the last 2 planned haircuts were interrupted by sudden deaths in the family so I was already skittish, my sister was about to have brain surgery so I told her if she came back from that I would let him get his haircut, she survived so I let it happen, but when he came back I was pissed. The bullying and comments were mostly from adults, telling him he looked like a girl, and I've had horrible problems with his teachers messing with his hair, generally, in the mornings I would brush his hair and braid it, several times this year he came home from school with a high ponytail like a girl, and I generally avoid ponytails for fear of causing break lines. A month after his cut he announced he wanted knee length hair.
    Well, he's allowed to grow it out (and that's major already), so there's no worries in that department. And there's time. Every little thing's a learning experience, and I doubt he would do that again (let BIL cut his hair). But still, how can an adult stoop that low as to bully a child? I'll never understand that!!!

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHealthy View Post
    Well if your son's hair is thick, maybe you could do the trimming yourself, if it ever needs it! A creaclip just makes a straight across cut. You could possibly do that yourself without the clip!
    There's that! Feye's self-trimming method is a good one, WineMom! I'll give you the link to the instructions:
    http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

Length
    24/31"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Anyway, if he is growing, he's growing! He might not feel ready for a trim for quite some time. But to learn to do it for him sounds very worth it. Saves the possibility of disaster when the scissors are in someone else's hands!