Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leave in conditioner recommendations?

Default Re: Leave in conditioner recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    The Shea Moisture JBCO (Jamaican black castor oil) leave-in. Comes in a tub but is quite runny, so you have to be careful with it. It is super moisturizing, so you don't need much of it. I use about a coinsize for my lenght, spread through palms & scrunched in. It is more than enough!
    I 2nd that! As, the Shea Moisture JBCO Leave In is probably the best leave in I have ever tried before in my life! I own both the old and new versions. The old version is the more liquidy version (which some places do still sell), and it has a very light brown color to it. While, the new version is a bit more thicker, and is one the white side in color. There are places online and in a couple of stores that the limited edition 16 oz. size can still be found. However, the normal size that it readily comes in, is 12 ozs. I currently use the more liquidy version that lapushka mentioned. It is highly moisturizing, has wonderful slip, and leaves ones hair feeling super soft. It has a very noticeable vanilla scent to it, however, it is nothing that I would consider to be overpowering. And, I happen to be super sensitive to scents, by the way. A little bit of this stuff goes a very long way, so a jar of it really lasts a super long time.

Length
    Ear/CBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Do you guys only use leave-in after washing or do you use it whenever your hair starts feeling dry? Ive been trying to figure out whats best when i use it

Length
    MBL/TBL/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Has anyone with straight hair used the Shea Moisture castor oil leave in?

Length
    SL/WL/Term
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

I use leave-in conditioner after every wash. When my hair is dry I use some type of light oil.

I recently discovered one by Calia (small Canadian brand) and I love it!! They have a couple different ones, but I use the purifuing one (rosemary and sage I believe) and it's great. No chemicals at all, 100% natural. Check out their website

Length
    Chin/Class/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    Do you guys only use leave-in after washing or do you use it whenever your hair starts feeling dry? Ive been trying to figure out whats best when i use it
    I only use it right after a wash, to seal in moisture. But if you feel you can use it on dry hair during the week, then who is going to stop you? I just only do this on wash day.

Quote Originally Posted by Larki View Post
    Has anyone with straight hair used the Shea Moisture castor oil leave in?
    Try looking up "Elle is for living" on YT, she's a mature woman, has straight hair and uses it and *loves* it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)