Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Posts
    8,659
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    Here is a twofer: cute buns that make curls!

    Share the buns or the curls or both!


    55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

  2. #2
    The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,879
    Length
    Chin/37in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/ii/iii

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    via Imgflip Meme Generator
    The buns don’t look as neat as hers

    The curls!
    via Imgflip Meme Generator
    https://media0.giphy.com/media/xcElt...&rid=giphy.gif
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic!

  3. #3
    Member tangocurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,005
    Length
    bob/APL+/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    Those curls look amazing!

    Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

  4. #4
    Member SallySue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    131
    Length
    2"/28"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    Gorgeous curls!

  5. #5
    Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A quiet place
    Posts
    14,932
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    Just a warning, if you have very long hair, these knots can cause bad tangles. I believe Torrinpaige had to cut several inches after trying these.


    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

  6. #6
    Pointy-eared princess Aredhel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Where the eagle and the raven fly free.........
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,836
    Length
    MBL/CL/MTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Just a warning, if you have very long hair, these knots can cause bad tangles. I believe Torrinpaige had to cut several inches after trying these.
    I want to try this so badly but this is my concern! My hair tangles SO easily. Wonder if I can just get away with doing a handful of bigger knots...

    @VAredhel
    hair thickness: 3.35" (8.5 cm) | length: 41" (104 cm)
    Lady Flidais, Guardian of the Woodland Creatures in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

  7. #7
    Fake ginger PixieP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Skien, Norway
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,993
    Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    Quote Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
    I want to try this so badly but this is my concern! My hair tangles SO easily. Wonder if I can just get away with doing a handful of bigger knots...
    You totally can, I have done this several time. I make a "mohawk" of knots that I sleep in. My hair also tangles easily, and as long as I am careful when loosening them up, it's no problem at all. My biggest tip is, when loosening up the ends, to hold on to the hair a bit higher up, and twist the end the opposite way of the original twist, slowly and carefully. And then you can work on the rest of the length.

    June 2018: Cut back to CBL, back to growing!





  8. #8
    Member MlleMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,202
    Length
    15/52/54+?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    You totally can, I have done this several time. I make a "mohawk" of knots that I sleep in. My hair also tangles easily, and as long as I am careful when loosening them up, it's no problem at all. My biggest tip is, when loosening up the ends, to hold on to the hair a bit higher up, and twist the end the opposite way of the original twist, slowly and carefully. And then you can work on the rest of the length.
    Now I want to try it, as I'm currently trying heatless curling methods for my wedding hairdo. The "mohawk" sounds like a really good idea, and the buns themselves are pretty similar to a type of bun that I often do, and can undo easily.

  9. #9
    Cat Whisperer lithostoic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    ☮.Florida.☮
    Age
    22
    Posts
    5,676
    Length
    CBL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    I love bantu knots! They give me the prettiest curls.
    CBL → APL → BSL→ MBL →WL → HIP
    ⋆Growing out damage⋆

  10. #10
    Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    2,843
    Length
    MBL/CL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: April 2018: Bantu Knots and Curls

    Beautiful, Autobots!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •