Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite bun and why

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Default Your favorite bun and why

My two favorite buns are Spock and Nessa. I wear these almost all the time.

The Reason I like a Spock bun is it makes my buns look larger, I can make it without worrying about hair catching on my wedding ring. It anchors at an angle so the toys do not rotate so much. with a Nautilus or LWB the horizontal stick rotates and often falls out.It works great with two and three prong forks which are my favorite tools/toys. I started making this one about waist length.

The Reason I like the Nessa bun is because it works well with slightly shorter sticks and they are inserted vertically which means they will not rotate and fall out. Even heavier toys work in this bun. This bun can be made anywhere on the head. I have worn it wet and used a slim two prong metal fork.

Now tell me your favorite bun and why it works for you. Please............
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Your favorite bun and why

I almost exclusively wear a log roll... when I don't, it's a flipped bun. Log roll is great because I can wear it comfortable at every length, the weight of my hair is very well distributed through the length of the roll, and it holds almost all of my hairtoys (except for the large "statement" pieces) very firmly and comfortably. I like flipped buns because they hold like a rock - more so than a log roll - but they're not quite as comfortable as a log roll, for me.

My favorite bun is the LWB; I can secure it with any stick, fork, or clip in my collection.
    It is the easiest for me to adjust the tension depending on the slip or curl volume that changes with the seasons/weather.

My second choice is the cinnamon bun; I love my using my fancier alligator clips or ficcares, bead topped spin pins, or small jeweled claw clips.

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I like flat buns, no matter if braided or not. I can tuck them in a beanie and it still looks pretty after I take off my beanie.
    for summer I like fluffy buns too, like the nautilus, the lazy wrap bun or the cinnabun.
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

Length
    15,7/18,11/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    My two favorite buns are Spock and Nessa. I wear these almost all the time.

The Reason I like a Spock bun is it makes my buns look larger, I can make it without worrying about hair catching on my wedding ring. It anchors at an angle so the toys do not rotate so much. with a Nautilus or LWB the horizontal stick rotates and often falls out.It works great with two and three prong forks which are my favorite tools/toys. I started making this one about waist length.

The Reason I like the Nessa bun is because it works well with slightly shorter sticks and they are inserted vertically which means they will not rotate and fall out. Even heavier toys work in this bun. This bun can be made anywhere on the head. I have worn it wet and used a slim two prong metal fork.

Now tell me your favorite bun and why it works for you. Please............
    I just googled spock and nessa buns, and oh my they are beautiful Unfortunately my hair is very far from long enough to even dream of making those kind of buns, but do you know if there are a website with lots of tutorials to make beautiful buns? Just to get me inspired

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by anine View Post
    I just googled spock and nessa buns, and oh my they are beautiful Unfortunately my hair is very far from long enough to even dream of making those kind of buns, but do you know if there are a website with lots of tutorials to make beautiful buns? Just to get me inspired
    There are a few web sites but you will do better going to YouTube and finding a tutorial you like and then visiting that persons personal page, like this one:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1..._XwQCeWUQthsVA

but for shorter hair try Just looking for short hair updos on YouTube

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Nautilus Bun, or a braided LWB. Those two buns always stay put, and they’re the ones I first learned so I’ve gotten very used to them.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    My favorite bun is the LWB; I can secure it with any stick, fork, or clip in my collection.
    It is the easiest for me to adjust the tension depending on the slip or curl volume that changes with the seasons/weather.

My second choice is the cinnamon bun; I love my using my fancier alligator clips or ficcares, bead topped spin pins, or small jeweled claw clips.
    I can do those too but for some reason I have an aversion to a round bun????? But you are right they will take any toy in any collection.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
    I almost exclusively wear a log roll... when I don't, it's a flipped bun. Log roll is great because I can wear it comfortable at every length, the weight of my hair is very well distributed through the length of the roll, and it holds almost all of my hairtoys (except for the large "statement" pieces) very firmly and comfortably. I like flipped buns because they hold like a rock - more so than a log roll - but they're not quite as comfortable as a log roll, for me.
    I have a question. How do you secure a log roll with sticks? Would love to see a pic.

Length
    15,7/18,11/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    There are a few web sites but you will do better going to YouTube and finding a tutorial you like and then visiting that persons personal page, like this one:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1..._XwQCeWUQthsVA

but for shorter hair try Just looking for short hair updos on YouTube
    Thanks �� I Will try youtube -haden't realy thought og that ��