Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default My little braid

I've been talking about my accent braid here and there, and I think it should have its own thread.

This braid has been with me for the most part of my life; I did it for the first time when I was 15. Short sad story: Back then, I had very short hair: I cut it myself out of anger when my grandfather died (I loved him more than my parents. He loved my “princess hair”, and I couldn’t stand to continue having it without him to admire it), In my teens I maintained bob/pixie hair –was a rough time because of other reasons. So one day my best friend asked why I didn’t try to grow long, as she thought that it suited me better. I didn’t say anything, but she took a little strand of my hair and made a little braid. She said : “try to grow long it first, it’s just a start”. So, I started wearing that braid, always, as it was something funny and cute. My braid is from the very same strand that she took. My friend died some months after this scene, and was quite traumatic to me. So, the braid stopped being something “cute” and started being a promise. I started growing long then, for real this time, to the memory of my friend and my grandfather. And because it suits me better, they were right.

It’s close to my hairline, on the left, but now that I don’t wear my hair parted in the middle it doesn’t start from it as did before; as said, it’s the very same strand.

As I started growing it before than the rest of my hair, it has always being longer, and I always saved it from hairdressers (they wanted to kill it so badly). Only I cut it, when I don’t like the ends of I think that’s getting too long. Right now it’s 10cm longer than the rest of my hair, but it has been even 20cm longer!

It’s a part of me, as I’ve have it for 17 years. I like how it looks, people compliment it as it usually caught attention despite being tiny, and help me to not forget how much I was loved.

About its cares… I just unmade it 1 or 2 a month during a wash, as the hair grows, and remade it inmediately. I never wear it unmade. And it received the same oils etc than the rest of my hair

Here are some pics from different times where you can see the braid Some are pre-2016, so it shows my natural hair color and wave pattern (ATM I’m growing out henna and dyes)

Those last ones are from summer 2017, the closest to this moment; in a weeding with my bf (just after my last henna, I heat styled my hair just this time in the whole year, looks way shorter than it is) and in a catwoman shoot for a friend.

I hope that you sorta liked the story. It’s a quite special thing for me, but I usually never ever talk about it. But, being a hair forum, I feel comfy sharing this tiny part of myself

Remember: you might see it or not in my pics, but my braid is ALWAYS there!
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; February 25th, 2020 at 09:53 PM.

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread