Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Products? (2018)

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Favorite Products? (2018)

I did a search for favorite products, but the newest thread I found went back to 2015. So thought let's do a new one since products get discontinued, and we find new HG's all the time.

Right now, my only HG products are: Ouai Hair oil. That's it. But it's the best hair oil I have ever used and controls frizz and adds shine like no other.
    Unfortunately, I don't have a fave shampoo or conditioner that I absolutely love., so still searching for the "perfect" sulfate free 'poo.

Also very impressed with Alterna's Caviar 10 in 1.
    I got it yesterday and tried it immediately. It left my hair very soft, and my ends felt like heaven. I used it today on damp hair, after my wash this morning, and there's a definite difference in my texture.
    It may become another HG product but it's still too soon to call it that.

What I don't like, and I should have realized this as I tried it before, is Living Proof restore mask treatment. Lesson learned- next time I say to myself "I don't remember how well it worked," means: it didn't work well. Good thing I can return it.

What about your faves, what are they?

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Favorite Products? (2018)

For stylers?

The Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie.
    The Shea Moisture JBCO leave-in.
    Eco Styler gel.

As far as shampoo/conditioner, I am using up products, so no real favorites.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1c/M/ii

Organix shampoo, all of them are great. I dilute 80/20. This has made a difference in how my scalp feels.
    Nutrogena tripple moisture conditioner, also hello hydration, love the scent, all shea moistures conditioners, and nexus deep conditioner
    Thrai scrub from nightblooming, her oils and salves as leave ins, i can use all of them. Also the herb rinse which i only add a little to some diluted water, as its super dooper moisturising. of course ACV and coconut oil.
    currently bcl abt 3.7 thickness

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

dpHUE acv rinse. It's meant to be used for in between wash days but I use it on my length after I shampoo my scalp on wash day. It has a really nice slip and cleans the length without stripping it. It also has argan oil in it so with that and the acv it really makes my hair soft and shiny.

Only problem is the price is way out there, so I try to keep the use as minimal as possible.
    ​You Zarkin Frood

Length
    EAR/BSL/TERM
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Right now im thankful for the ogx tea tree and mint scalp treatment! All of their products are good but my scalp has been out of control extremely dry then extremely greasy and dandruff and this scalp treatment fixed it all my hair feels SO much better.
    Also kelapo coconut oil. The price might make it a placebo effect but i swear its so much smoother and nicer than any other coconut oil ive used

just here for the cheese
    Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Head and shoulders is a godsend for the scalp flakes I started getting about a year or two ago. I have a shea moisture mask that is holy grail too. It's so thick and rich I only need a little. Finally, the tangle teezer has decreased my detangling time from twenty minutes (with a wide tooth comb) to about a minute.
    With one religion, we cannot listen. With one color, we cannot see.
    With one culture, we cannot feel. Without you we can't even remember.

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Shampoo and conditioner. I also love Alberto VO5 volumizing shampoo and conditioner as well. My all-time favorite hair product is Pantene Pro-V.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

SM Intense Hydration shampoo and conditioner, HH conditioner, Spring Valley Organic Morroccan Argan Oil Serum (thank you, Wal-Mart!), and L'Oreal's Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm for those days when I'm a very bad girl with my hair
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I was going to put down the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, but it doesn't seem fair as I'm not using it ATM due to me having a "project use-up" this year trying to empty out older things. But the HE HH is one of my favorites of life! Truly it is. It's a shame they don't sell it anywhere in Belgium anymore.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I was going to put down the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, but it doesn't seem fair as I'm not using it ATM due to me having a "project use-up" this year trying to empty out older things. But the HE HH is one of my favorites of life! Truly it is. It's a shame they don't sell it anywhere in Belgium anymore.
    Try their Argan Oil of Morocco products when you're done with your stash. I loved how they left my hair- hands down some of the best products I have ever tried.
    I'll most likely still use the conditioner. Would have stuck to this entire line if the shampoo was sulfate free.

I know they carry it in the UK, but don't know about Belgium.

https://herbalessences.com/en-us/dis...orocco-shampoo

Be the voice for those that can't speak...