Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Braids for 3 months (or however long you want) Challenge (12/03/2018 - 12/06/2018)

Length
    Chin/MBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Braids for 3 months (or however long you want) Challenge (12/03/2018 - 12/06/2018

Quote Originally Posted by MarPreciosa View Post
    Anyone up for restarting this challenge in July?
    Sure! Now I'm consciously wearing my hair up more, I find that my go to 'bun' is a folded ponytail and I'm not happy about that. Besides, I looove braids so I better do something with that

Length
    Chin/SL/TBL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Braids for 3 months (or however long you want) Challenge (12/03/2018 - 12/06/2018

Ooh this sounds like my type of challenge =)

I'll try starting in July and going at least until August; hopefully longer - I'm interning at an aquaponics lab so I need to keep my hair up anyways.

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I'm interested in doing this for July! I wear braids to sleep every night but during the day is hit or miss. I want to protect my hair from damage but I also want to surprise myself with some length at the end of the month.

My first mini goal: Wear a braid for a week. I will hopefully have good news to report next Monday!

Length
    APL/Class/?

Is anyone still doing this? I'm starting now. I usually wear my dreads down but they are getting so long now that they are always getting themselves into trouble, reaching for food, drawers doors, etc. It's like having a bunch of tentacles haha. Dread buns are too big and bulky for me so braids it is.

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidDreads View Post
    Is anyone still doing this? I'm starting now. I usually wear my dreads down but they are getting so long now that they are always getting themselves into trouble, reaching for food, drawers doors, etc. It's like having a bunch of tentacles haha. Dread buns are too big and bulky for me so braids it is.
    Imagine if you could pull a Davy Jones and move them individually! Now that would be a cool power to have Are braiding dreads easier than braiding non dreaded hair? I always mess up on sectioning my strands evenly.

I moved to the "wear your hair up" challenge thread since I'm half on braids and half random updos. But I'm still in it! Day 15 for me, only wore my hair down once so far so I consider that pretty good

Length
    APL/Class/?

Haha that would be so much fun to be able to control them individually. But they seem to have a will of their own. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes not so much.
    I think they're a bit easier to braid because they don't have the slip and cling to each other well. What I really like is that I can use a dread end to tie off the fringe and don't need to use any type of elastics.
    I started my dreads freeform so they aren't evenly sectioned so you probably have the advantage there.
    I don't get the smoothe, sleek look like undreaded hair. The braids are thick and bulky. But oh so much cooler this time of year.

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Got box braids done last night. Since these are extensions, with hair added, I can wash my hair in the braids, and keep them in longer. I did medium sized braids, so that I wouldn’t have to spend so much time taking down smaller ones
    Since I’ll be able to wash I think I can keep them in for a month maybe two.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AutobotsAttack View Post
    Got box braids done last night. Since these are extensions, with hair added, I can wash my hair in the braids, and keep them in longer. I did medium sized braids, so that I wouldn’t have to spend so much time taking down smaller ones
    Since I’ll be able to wash I think I can keep them in for a month maybe two.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    They look so nice! Did you do them yourself? How long did it take?
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    They look so nice! Did you do them yourself? How long did it take?
    I did the front and my mom helped me with 6-7 of them in the back. Took me about 2 hours doing the front myself, and afterwards my mom did the back and she finished in like 45 mins.
    Last edited by AutobotsAttack; July 16th, 2019 at 06:43 PM.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

MermaidDreads, what's the funniest thing your dreads have ever done? I have this great image in my mind of them slowly moving around with a mind of their own and picking up random objects

That's really cool you don't need an elastic band! I have terrible luck with them. I'll be down to 2, one will snap so I use the other, then that immediately snaps too and I stare at them both in defeat lol! I never thought about dreads being cooler temperature wise. It's very hot where I live, they'd be a huge advantage here

AutobotsAttack I love your braids! They look fantastic on you. The decorative pieces are a nice touch, I could stare at them for days