Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dying Hair (Black) Over Henna...?

Length
    Chin/BSL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Dying Hair (Black) Over Henna...?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon View Post
    I don't have any dye recommendations as I've only used box dyes and vegetable dyes (which are a good option but fade rather quickly), but came only to say I don't see why black wouldn't suit you. I know people with your complexion who have naturally black or nearly black hair, and you won't look "gothic" just because of your skin and hair, it is pretty hard to look "gothic" without trying IMO (not any clothes will do, makeup is quite heavy, and so on). The only people I think look a bit odd with dyed black hair are those with nearly white facial hair, and too red skin/blotchy skin. No offense to anyone, I just mean only in those few cases I could think it looks overwhelming.
    Thank you! That's quite reassuring, I'm very minimal with makeup (no eyeliner or lipstick etc) and even my black dresses are more victorian than what I'd think of as gothic (steryotypically at least!).

Long-Term Goal: Healthy knee length hair with a soft straight hemline and full fringe.
    Cut to chin July of 2016 Reached BSL around Jan. 2018 Next Goal: Waist by Dec. 2018

Length
    Chin/BSL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alissalocks View Post
    lottiealice yes that's the stuff but wow that first auction is really overpriced. I pay about $10 +shipping for 200g indigo powder on eBay. Hope you can find a decent price with shipping! Let us know how it goes
    I did think it was a bit much! That was the cheapest one on there too! Perhaps it's because of where I am, but even then.

I found this, too, but don't know how reliable the website is. I'm guessing it's the same stuff as the box though? https://www.myhenna.us/zenia-indigo-...era-tinctoria/

Long-Term Goal: Healthy knee length hair with a soft straight hemline and full fringe.
    Cut to chin July of 2016 Reached BSL around Jan. 2018 Next Goal: Waist by Dec. 2018

Length
    Chin/32.5"/TBL+?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lottiealice View Post
    I did think it was a bit much! That was the cheapest one on there too! Perhaps it's because of where I am, but even then.

I found this, too, but don't know how reliable the website is. I'm guessing it's the same stuff as the box though? https://www.myhenna.us/zenia-indigo-...era-tinctoria/
    It's exactly the same. I always buy the soft foil packets, good stuff!! In fact, I just re -indigoed after this thread (on Friday).
    Hip (35") in 2018... Tailbone next 3 month braid challenge ~ No trim til '19