Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: The NightBlooming thread

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: The NightBlooming thread

Quote Originally Posted by Babetriz View Post
    What oil mix is the closest in scent to the Freya salve?
    I think that you could ask for a custom oil.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Hahaha I have / do! I use Selkie often as a daily mister, and often get towards the end of my bottle then add more water to get a few more days before I have to actually fill it up. It is a little less effective as a detangler when you dilute it (obviously), but you could for sure try cutting it slowly and see where the break point of effectiveness is for you.
    Thank you for your input! Looks like some experimenting is in order

I've switched to testing out Freya's hair salve and hm...this might be the one! I still have Panacea to try but so far, I'm really liking Freya.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I got my Caduceus and Mollymauk oils, along with my Freya sample and oooooh man. I'm so in love!! I understand now why everyone here is always suggesting these things XD I tried Freya immediately because I have no chill at all, and it smelled so lovely! The next night I prepped for my wash the day after by brushing my hair with the actual brush (instead of just finger combing), and my ends were waaaay less grabby! The only difference between this wash and the last was the Freya's. Needless to say I was very excited XD. Washed as usual, but I have a new regular conditioner as well, so no Freya's (so I can gauge my hair's reaction to the new conditioner, and it seems to like it so far!), but I did put a couple drops of the Caduceus oil into my vinegar rinse to give my hair a lil something extra. It smells so good I've taken my hair down like five times to smell it today But doing it that way diluted it to the perfect strength so now it's just a lovely hint of a gorgeous fragrance.

I really wish I'd been able to order sooner, and I know I'll be back a few more times as well! I need a mister of Cad, and will likely need a full size of Freya And that says nothing about the henna I've been planning to get for like three years now! And also I need a mister of Dragon's Blood and and...

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    I got my Caduceus and Mollymauk oils, along with my Freya sample and oooooh man. I'm so in love!! I understand now why everyone here is always suggesting these things XD I tried Freya immediately because I have no chill at all, and it smelled so lovely! The next night I prepped for my wash the day after by brushing my hair with the actual brush (instead of just finger combing), and my ends were waaaay less grabby! The only difference between this wash and the last was the Freya's. Needless to say I was very excited XD. Washed as usual, but I have a new regular conditioner as well, so no Freya's (so I can gauge my hair's reaction to the new conditioner, and it seems to like it so far!), but I did put a couple drops of the Caduceus oil into my vinegar rinse to give my hair a lil something extra. It smells so good I've taken my hair down like five times to smell it today But doing it that way diluted it to the perfect strength so now it's just a lovely hint of a gorgeous fragrance.

I really wish I'd been able to order sooner, and I know I'll be back a few more times as well! I need a mister of Cad, and will likely need a full size of Freya And that says nothing about the henna I've been planning to get for like three years now! And also I need a mister of Dragon's Blood and and...
    Welcome to the NB-addicts!

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I was using Freya hair salve for about a month because I had a lot going on and didn't want to experiment with the others. I liked Freya enough so it was fine.

Well, things finally settled and I tried Panacea.....Panacea is the one! It's been about a week since I last washed my hair and my ends still feel soft. I mean, the very tips of my hair don't feel soft but there's no helping those The length feels great I've never had soft hair before!

This is kind of funny to me because I tried Panacea years ago but my hair was dyed at the time and it did not work well. My virgin hair loves it though!

For those trying to pick out a salve, if you can afford it, it's really best to get samples of all three. You really won't know if your hair will like something until you try it. Had I gone from previous experiences I wouldn't have tried Panacea again and I would have missed out!

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/APL+/???
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    I was using Freya hair salve for about a month because I had a lot going on and didn't want to experiment with the others. I liked Freya enough so it was fine.

Well, things finally settled and I tried Panacea.....Panacea is the one! It's been about a week since I last washed my hair and my ends still feel soft. I mean, the very tips of my hair don't feel soft but there's no helping those The length feels great I've never had soft hair before!

This is kind of funny to me because I tried Panacea years ago but my hair was dyed at the time and it did not work well. My virgin hair loves it though!

For those trying to pick out a salve, if you can afford it, it's really best to get samples of all three. You really won't know if your hair will like something until you try it. Had I gone from previous experiences I wouldn't have tried Panacea again and I would have missed out!
    I'm so glad that Panacea worked so well for you! You sound absolutely ecstatic

My first NightBlooming order is due to arrive tomorrow. I got the Freya salve (the other two contain gluten so are off-limits for me), Selkie detangler, and Moondust dry shampoo. Fingers crossed that they help me protect my ends, smooth out flyaways, and wash every-other-day instead of daily!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post

It's great that it works so well for you "the second time"

My latest order is getting posted today. Swedish postal service is not quick and certainly not, when it comes to non EU packages. So I hope it reaches Sweden quickly and that it won't take too long after that...

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

My package is in Denmark now! I hope that it will reach Sweden next week!

Length
    Bald/APL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Her Freya's always been my favorite.
    I sure miss her hairtoys too. I have one clip from a few years ago she made. She does such delicate work.
    08.1.2020-Bald
    “Her messy hair is a visible attribute of her stubborn spirit. As she shakes it free, she smiles knowing wild is her favorite color” (J. Iron Word)

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Experimenting with spritzing my hair with Selkie and putting some salve (I grabbed Ostara, I still can’t really distinguish between them lol) on my braid tassel today. I usually don’t use any products mid week, except for sometimes a tiny amount of silicone serum, but it’s been so dry that when I take my braids out my hair gets snarly right away and the static and pouf makes it super hard to detangle. So we’ll see how that goes. I smell great to do the pile of dishes in the sink in any case!
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)