Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: The NightBlooming thread

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: The NightBlooming thread

Okay so I just checked. I've actually been using NightBloomings conditioner bars for two years now. not one! And yup I still love it two years later!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    CL/MBL/TBL

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Okay so I just checked. I've actually been using NightBloomings conditioner bars for two years now. not one! And yup I still love it two years later!
    I can see why.
    Alea jacta est ~ Tärningen är kastad

My nick on other places is Moon AppleGrey

Length
    SL/CL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I got my shipment this week. I am systematically adding reviews to everything I feel confident about at this stage on the site. Reviews for the shampoo and conditioner will come once I am confident with how my hair and scalp are reacting.

Selkie I have used before. I forgot how nice it was, but I remembered liking it so I picked up a full size bottle. I think I only stopped because of life events on my end and the shop going on hiatus. I'm used to leave ins being an utterly terrible idea for me so I quickly forgot that this one actually helped me when it was out of my life for a few months and I had so much else to think about. It's amazing. My stupid spiderweb hair is so much more manageable this week and I'm not tempted to just rip a brush through it while ignoring any snaps.

Alluvial I jumped into the deep end and bought the jar. I have used vitamin C rinses before and remembered liking them but found them a bit finicky. I wanted the jar with the little spoon possibly more than the actual product. It's so adorable. This was even better than I remembered and will be a definite staple from now on. I was starting to get a lot of tangles that had to be cut out rather than fiddled apart and it was getting really demoralizing. Vinegar rinses didn't help and my boyfriend hates the smell. This is going to save me from chopping back to classic next year I think.

S&C Bars I was nervous about these. I have tried many well recommended shampoo and conditioner bars only to get the itches or have them build up horribly. So far these are light and detangling, they cleanse my scalp without making it itchy, and detangle my length without making it feel stretchy or waxy. My hair is happy. My scalp is happy. Maybe in a few weeks I'll end up with a random scalp revolt like has happened with so many products, but maybe the alluvial is helping to tame that as well. Or maybe this is just close to what is perfect for my scalp. The last shampoo I had that worked this well was a different low waste shampoo that used a similar cleanser so maybe I'm allergic to something in most conventional products that I haven't found yet. Either way I'm going to definitely keep the conditioner even if the shampoo ends up not working perfectly. I've already put in an order for a lembas size of both because I'm clearly not reacting badly so far, and the only other shampoo that works for me is out of stock right now and its paired conditioner was a horror show for me. This might be my holy grail that I've tried to find for the last several years. I will put a formal review on the website within the next fortnight.

In summary, every product I have tried so far is amazing. Next shipment I'm going to try out the Thriae scalp scrub.

SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ FTL ~ KL

Length
    16.5/30/40+!
    Type
    2a/F/iii

My favorite thing about having shampoo and conditioner bars from Nightblooming is that I can wash my hair as often as I WANT instead of feeling like its too soon and it will dry me out. Each wash feels like a fancy spa hair treatment, instead of a net-negative that I have to carefully space out. ✨️ Officially over-ordering and hoarding product. Love love love!!! Also OMG read her books you guys!!!!!!

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MeganE View Post
    My favorite thing about having shampoo and conditioner bars from Nightblooming is that I can wash my hair as often as I WANT instead of feeling like its too soon and it will dry me out. Each wash feels like a fancy spa hair treatment, instead of a net-negative that I have to carefully space out. ✨️ Officially over-ordering and hoarding product. Love love love!!! Also OMG read her books you guys!!!!!!
    I second that!

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I got my package today!

A selkie refill, because you can never have too much selkie at hand.

The Miruvor herbal tea. Tasted good!

A Hinoki mister to try on my scalp. First impression was that it smelled nice and my scalp seemed to like it.

And also an Eventide oil, since I ran out of mine quite some time ago.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I went ahead and ordered the lembas bars of shampoo and conditioner. My scalp did get itchy with the sample but again I think I just need to frequently wash more than I would like to. My scalp wasn’t super itchy and I recently got a tangle teezer scalp massager that has been helping. I think that paired with more frequent washing will have me all set. I also have a little of the sample conditioner left. I ordered the Selkie refill pouch. I’m bummed about my boyfriend throwing away my mister because it didn’t work and he used what I had left.

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielleRose View Post
    I went ahead and ordered the lembas bars of shampoo and conditioner. My scalp did get itchy with the sample but again I think I just need to frequently wash more than I would like to. My scalp wasn’t super itchy and I recently got a tangle teezer scalp massager that has been helping. I think that paired with more frequent washing will have me all set. I also have a little of the sample conditioner left. I ordered the Selkie refill pouch. I’m bummed about my boyfriend throwing away my mister because it didn’t work and he used what I had left.
    I hope that you get your order soon!

Length
    APL/BSL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/iii

That reminds me... I'm almost out of my Selkie mister sample and I'm debating getting the paper bottle refill. But then there's so many other things I want to try but I need to make my mind up about them before placing another order

No trimming challenge 2023 | Finger combing only challenge
    APL {07/22} | BSL {11/22} | WL | HL | BCL?
    Learning to love my hair after a big chop & enjoying the journey

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    That reminds me... I'm almost out of my Selkie mister sample and I'm debating getting the paper bottle refill. But then there's so many other things I want to try but I need to make my mind up about them before placing another order
    It's dangerous to place an order. There's always more than one thing that ends up in the basket