Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The NightBlooming thread

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: The NightBlooming thread

Did the survey too! Looks like new products coming. Excited about a rice water kit!
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ggallagher27 View Post
    I did the survey, and got the discount. I'm still learning to use them all. I got the 3 salves, detangler, deep conditioner, triple moon oil, and a tea rinse. Still learning, but I love them, I will figure out how to make them part of my routine.
    I’m in about the same place. I did the survey and got the discount code, but I’m not quite sure yet what products are going to become regulars in my routine. I’ve tried out Selkie detangler and while it smelled lovely, it was too light for my hair. Ostara’s salve seems to be the perfect weight, and I can envision myself buying a full size of it. I haven’t had time to try the samples of the other two salves yet, but they seem promising.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    APL/TBL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I got the current oil of the month and also the one from December, the gingerbread one. I love trying the different oils! My hair really hasn’t met an oil it didn’t like, and I like to rub some oil on my nails and cuticals before bed, so I use them faster than it I were just using them in my hair. I thought about buying more panacea but I still have a least a month/probably more left so I decided not to.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I still have a lot left of all the products that I bought last time, so I bought a few more oils Now I just have to wait for them

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    I’m in about the same place. I did the survey and got the discount code, but I’m not quite sure yet what products are going to become regulars in my routine. I’ve tried out Selkie detangler and while it smelled lovely, it was too light for my hair. Ostara’s salve seems to be the perfect weight, and I can envision myself buying a full size of it. I haven’t had time to try the samples of the other two salves yet, but they seem promising.
    After a month or so of experimenting, I’ve found my sweet spot is Ostara salve on my nape and the ends of my hair, and Selkie for the rest. Man do those two smell great together. I’m totally in love

Excited to try out the chelating crystals next!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

She’s got something new y’all did you see?
    It’s a chelating powder, can’t wait to try it.
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Length
    Pixie/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I really want to try the new chelating powder as well! I can’t tell though, are the essential oils just for smell, or do they serve another purpose as well? And I don’t know how often you are supposed to use it?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Becs View Post
    I really want to try the new chelating powder as well! I can’t tell though, are the essential oils just for smell, or do they serve another purpose as well? And I don’t know how often you are supposed to use it?
    The essential oils are mostly just for smell, but some can have some slight benefit to your hair, too.

For how often, that depends on the amount of buildup on your hair. I have very hard water and had a lot of buildup. I did a heavy buildup treatment once per week, and a maintenance rinse each time I washed for a month. Then, I was able to just using it as a finishing rinse after I wash

For heavy buildup: In the shower, place a large bowl on the floor and kneel over it. Pour the rinse through your hair, catching it in the bowl. Transfer the rinse to a cup, and repeat until your hair is saturated. Leave in up to 15 minutes. Rinse with water.
    Maintenance: Use Alluvial as a final rinse after washing.

Length
    SL/BL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Just saying thanks for this thread. Didn't know about her products. I am a big fan of Indi owners.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I'll do a new purchase by autumn, and will probably go for the chelating powder too! By now I'm just obsessed with my Andunie hair oil, I wish I could BATH in the stuff. Most awesome smell that I've ever owned!!! Need a big bottle of that too...

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread