Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: The NightBlooming thread

Length
    0.25/44/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: The NightBlooming thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Inber View Post
    Huzzah! We can become the Three Freyateers! Slogan: GET THAT PROTEIN AWAY FROM ME! Mine's arriving tomorrow and I'm so excited

How exciting! I hope that you'll like it as much as I do

Home is where the heart is

Type
    1c/C/ii

I used Freya's post shower yesterday and wow. WOW. I can't believe how soft and shiny my ends are even next day. It's so smooth, no stickiness, globbiness, or general weirdness. With my old leave in it would've taken me 5x the amount of product to achieve the same thing and by that point all volume in my hair is gone. Plus the smell of Freya's is a really pleasant, clear, neutral smell but it's mild enough that it doesn't overpower my other smell goods. I am officially converted

Length
    15/38/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I really wish the salves would work for me, but I suspect my hair just doesn't like any 'cream'. It just ends up sticky, and grabby regardless of how much or how little I use. I've been using them on my dry skin bits, though, and they seem to work really well for that.
    I am currently mostly lurking; if I ignore your posts/PM/visitor message, I am sorry but I cannot deal with people easily right now. I will get back to you when I am more mentally capable.

Length
    0.25/44/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I used Freya's post shower yesterday and wow. WOW. I can't believe how soft and shiny my ends are even next day. It's so smooth, no stickiness, globbiness, or general weirdness. With my old leave in it would've taken me 5x the amount of product to achieve the same thing and by that point all volume in my hair is gone. Plus the smell of Freya's is a really pleasant, clear, neutral smell but it's mild enough that it doesn't overpower my other smell goods. I am officially converted
    That's great! I'm also impressed by how little you have to use!

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    I really wish the salves would work for me, but I suspect my hair just doesn't like any 'cream'. It just ends up sticky, and grabby regardless of how much or how little I use. I've been using them on my dry skin bits, though, and they seem to work really well for that.
    That's too bad, but it's good that you're able to use it for something!

I've tried the Tiahmani oil now. My hair loved it. But I unfortunately don't love the smell. It smells like my favorite childhood candy (not that I ate much candy then either). Adult me think the smell is too "sweet" (could be since I don't eat candy at all, except for chocolate). But since my hair loved it, I'll try to mix it with some other oils.

Home is where the heart is

Type
    1c/C/ii

I have the same problem, my hair likes to clump and stick to itself. Using oils has helped a lot but I still have to be careful about my leave ins. So many of them are sticky and just sit on my hair, then I look like I haven't brushed my hair for a week! Hmmm, you know I've got a dry spot on my foot...your post is giving me an idea

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    That's great! I'm also impressed by how little you have to use!

I've tried the Tiahmani oil now. My hair loved it. But I unfortunately don't love the smell. It smells like my favorite childhood candy (not that I ate much candy then either). Adult me think the smell is too "sweet" (could be since I don't eat candy at all, except for chocolate). But since my hair loved it, I'll try to mix it with some other oils.
    Thank you It helps when your hair isn't quite APL Lol, at least products last me a long time right now.

I wonder if it was the Benzoin. I read an article that says it can impart sweetness without needing sugar. I can't say I'd want to smell like candy from my childhood either! Are the oils with Dragonsblood red? I always thought that'd be the coolest thing. "Look at my awesome mystical hair potion!" and proceed to hiss at people that come too close

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I wonder if it was the Benzoin. I read an article that says it can impart sweetness without needing sugar. I can't say I'd want to smell like candy from my childhood either! Are the oils with Dragonsblood red? I always thought that'd be the coolest thing. "Look at my awesome mystical hair potion!" and proceed to hiss at people that come too close
    I suspect it's the Benzion and ginger that's reading like candy (it doesn't to me, personally, but I can see how it might to someone else).

And the oils with dragonsblood are often reddish, but the only one that's red is the straight dragonsblood oil. And no worries, it doesn't stain hair

Type
    1c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I suspect it's the Benzion and ginger that's reading like candy (it doesn't to me, personally, but I can see how it might to someone else).

And the oils with dragonsblood are often reddish, but the only one that's red is the straight dragonsblood oil. And no worries, it doesn't stain hair
    That's really cool! I haven't tried a DB fused one yet. The only thing stopping me from ordering a sample of darn near everything is the fact that I'm out of work lol. But hey, eventually my 4 samples will run out and I guess I'll haaave to buy some more

Length
    15/38/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm fairly certain I have Tiahmani so I'm going to go have to give a smell later, when I'm more up to getting out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    That's too bad, but it's good that you're able to use it for something!
    I have the same problem, my hair likes to clump and stick to itself. Using oils has helped a lot but I still have to be careful about my leave ins. So many of them are sticky and just sit on my hair, then I look like I haven't brushed my hair for a week! Hmmm, you know I've got a dry spot on my foot...your post is giving me an idea
    For me, the only leave-ins that seem to cause this issue are the salves (any of them, and I've tried all three in varying quantities), and Garnier Whole Blends Replenishing Leave-in Conditioner with Virgin-Pressed Olive Oil & Olive Leaf Extracts. It's a creamy leave-in. The salves don't work well for my hair, but my hair *hates* that Garnier leave-in. I do have some other cream type products I haven't tried yet so I'll have to give them a shot to see if that's actually the case or if there's some ingredient in these that my hair just "nopes" to. So far, my hair only seems like to serum-type leave-ins, actual conditioner (Garnier Fructis one-minute hair mask in *small* quantities), and oils. I have a lot more to try, though xD

I do also want to try the salves again, see how they feel now that my hair has started feeling better/more well-cared for.

I find using the salves as a DC treatment works really well. About once a week, we go to our friends' home for game night/hanging out/dnd, and I always wash my hair when I come home because they have pets, and I am allergic. I've taken to liberally applying the salve, braiding my hair, and then doing a braided cinnabun or something to keep it out of my way, and close to my scalp. Not as much heat as wrapping my head would be but it's also on for like 2-3 hours at least. It definitely seems to make it *much* softer.

But! It's definitely helping the dry skin. I've also used it on my cuticles every now, and then. But only do this if you don't need to touch anything as it doesn't quite get absorbed (or you'd have to use a lot less, and even a pea-sized amount is too much). I usually layer for my dryest bits (pure vit e oil + heavy cream + light lotion) so I've added this just after the vitamin e oil, and before the heavy cream.
    I am currently mostly lurking; if I ignore your posts/PM/visitor message, I am sorry but I cannot deal with people easily right now. I will get back to you when I am more mentally capable.

Length
    BSL/26/34-36

I think I am having a similar problem...

I used Freya's salve last night after my shower and I am definitely not having the same experience as others who say its smooth and slippery.? It goes on my hair like wax! I rubbed dime size on the palms of my hands to warm it up and tried to spread it over the bottom half of my damp hair - It instantly felt sticky, I couldn't run my hands through my hair - I had to comb it through and then just ended up slathering avocado oil all over it

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by S&S View Post
    I think I am having a similar problem...

I used Freya's salve last night after my shower and I am definitely not having the same experience as others who say its smooth and slippery.? It goes on my hair like wax! I rubbed dime size on the palms of my hands to warm it up and tried to spread it over the bottom half of my damp hair - It instantly felt sticky, I couldn't run my hands through my hair - I had to comb it through and then just ended up slathering avocado oil all over it
    Try using very, very little I use a rice-grain sized amount for all my tailbone-length hair--warm it up between my palms, pat the ends, then pat up the length, and then smooth.