Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakage and hair loss

Length
    10"/18"/34"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Question Breakage and hair loss

Hello. So, i woke up this morning and untie my braids and noticed some hair loss. I dont know if its my imagination or not but, i dont remember ever again pulling out so many hair with my hand or not, though i tie my hair with rubber bands i dont know if its good. My back hair came out frizzy and poor textured wavy(for some reason, this is very common to my hair) so i decided to spray my ends with water and see. My hair did not curl but came out kind of frizzy and breakage like. I did not take any picture but i can describe how exactly it looked like while it was wet: The front sides of my hair(close to my ears) were seemed to be shorter(though i have a straight bob haircut) that did not touched slightly my shoulders like the rest of my hair almost does. And, the rest back of my hair seemed longer. I'll say this in general, when i try to grow my hair longer, i dont know what happens, my hair appear thinner and like it has breakage despite the fact i have changed my hair routine into a healthier and and moisturized one. I guess my own hair cant stand the fact of growing longer beautifully...
    within my own wisdom

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/39in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Default Re: Breakage and hair loss

I think you might have to be patient and see what your hair is trying to do. Perhaps the shorter parts in the front seem shorter due to whatever waves you have, and the longer parts seem longer because gravity might have already starred to get ahold of them, fusing the waves to stretch a bit.

Perhaps your hair was styled a bit shorter when you first got the bob cut?

Either way, when growing your hair out, it might seem odd if it’s growing past that awkward stage. I went through that when my hair started growing past my ears.

I also wouldn’t suggest putting rubber bands on your hair. I can guarantee those few hairs were probably breakage. Even if you can’t hear any snapping or ripping, breakage can still occur. The rubbery part of the rubber band tends to take hairs along with it.

Maybe when you spritz with water, put a tiny tiny amount of oils on the ends to keep some of the moisture in as well. Not too much to where you weigh down the hair though.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Length
    10"/18"/34"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I see, to tell the truth, my period days are coming and im having symptoms before and after my period. Second is, my mom tells me that my hair keep falling because spring is almost here so that makes it fall out, especially that happens in summer too. Since my mom is a hairdresser, she cut my hair, as i said her to cut it totally straight bob haircut, thats what she did. I guess my curls/waves are asymmetrical and that make it not to seem like a bob cut. Note: I've had layers some years ago.
    My mom also said that i need to embrace the whole mess happening while i grow my hair, till the stage it'll gonna be long and no more troublesome.
    Hm, i'll try to stop wearing rubber bands and see what it can do.
    I thinked about putting some oil but, since im doing co-wash twice a week, i dont want my hair to get over-moisturized with oils and cremes. By the way, once i recall 'creme' i have a leave-in cream from Klorane, im thinking to use it after shower before i braid my hair.

Thanks for your reply and have a good dye
    within my own wisdom

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    Hello. So, i woke up this morning and untie my braids and noticed some hair loss. I dont know if its my imagination or not but, i dont remember ever again pulling out so many hair with my hand or not, though i tie my hair with rubber bands i dont know if its good. My back hair came out frizzy and poor textured wavy(for some reason, this is very common to my hair) so i decided to spray my ends with water and see. My hair did not curl but came out kind of frizzy and breakage like. I did not take any picture but i can describe how exactly it looked like while it was wet: The front sides of my hair(close to my ears) were seemed to be shorter(though i have a straight bob haircut) that did not touched slightly my shoulders like the rest of my hair almost does. And, the rest back of my hair seemed longer. I'll say this in general, when i try to grow my hair longer, i dont know what happens, my hair appear thinner and like it has breakage despite the fact i have changed my hair routine into a healthier and and moisturized one. I guess my own hair cant stand the fact of growing longer beautifully...
    I tried to tell you as subtly as I could a while ago, that maybe braids this length are not good for you. I am not just saying that. For them to work this length you have to braid them in tightly and that is 1/not good 2/even worse at night when you sleep on it and move on a tightly set do. It's not good.

It might seriously help your texture too if you just let it go natural.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    10"/18"/34"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I see, good thing i keep telling myself i've gotten in the nerves of all the people here :/
    Another thing concerns me is summer, i guess sea water is not for good because last wear my hair was......better not to tell you what. Do you have any advice how to keep my hair safe in summer? and safe from the sea water damage?
    within my own wisdom

Salt water not too good for hair ,as dehydrates further.Try to keep it in scrunchie instead ,less breakage.Try to keep it open if you can.

No ,you are not bothering or getting on nerves of anyone here so feel free to post.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I see, good thing i keep telling myself i've gotten in the nerves of all the people here :/
    Another thing concerns me is summer, i guess sea water is not for good because last wear my hair was......better not to tell you what. Do you have any advice how to keep my hair safe in summer? and safe from the sea water damage?
    No you're not getting on anyone's nerves. I don't know where you got that from. But there's one thing between us telling you something and you not wanting to hear it. If you want to keep braiding your hair, that's totally up to you, of course, but well... we did warn you about the possibility of breakage, I think.

In summer you can oil the hair (just a tiny bit), or put some conditioner in it, then wrap it up (at this length kind of impossible), but with small claw clips should be able to do something. Look at Dr Dray for instance. She has chin length and does the most adorable do with her tiny claw clips (Dr Dray on YT). Watch a few of her videos (vlog style) and you'll hopefully see the style in a few videos.

Length
    10"/18"/34"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Mmmm
    Well, i wish i could leave my hair air-dry if my hair got volume -.-
    Okay, so that means i need to tie my hair up when i swim, right?
    within my own wisdom

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Mmmm
    Well, i wish i could leave my hair air-dry if my hair got volume -.-
    Okay, so that means i need to tie my hair up when i swim, right?
    Why don't you at least try? Do the LOC/LCO method (link in signature) on it and leave it be.

You don't necessarily need to put your hair up for swimming, but I would do so if you are planning on oiling it (and don't overoil).

Length
    10"/18"/34"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I dont have any problem trying the LOC/LCO method, the problem i have is about the volume. Im pretty sure that from that method my hair will not frizz but, what about my roots? I tell you, my hair gets FLAT af when i air-dry it. Its not that i dont what to air-dry my hair, i know its beneficial, im tired of braiding and braiding all over again my hair but thats a method i know to make my hair look fuller with volume.
    within my own wisdom