Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keeping Your Waves Between Washings; How Do You Do It?

Default Re: Keeping Your Waves Between Washings; How Do You Do It?

I like to sleep with my hair rolled into a bun and the ends that stick out rolled around my finger (pincurls?) and keeping it all in place during the night with small hairclips. The next day my hair is still wavy, but never as nice as directly after washing.
    SL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - TBL - ...

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Mine lives in small braids wrapped into a bun. This gives me a bit of swirl and a lot of wavy kinks down the length, particularly since I put it up with copious amount short of oil and donít get it wet between washes. I am fairly heavliy on the 3a side of 2c-3a, with natural Shirley Temple ringlets. If I want close to my natural pattern, I stick in it in rope braids for a day or so.
    Waist...Hip...Tailbone...Classic...We'll see
    2015...2016...2016......2017.....????
    Halfway down...

Length
    Chin/Class/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by OhSuzi View Post
    ...just discovered I have accidentally got two accounts I wondered why it said only 3 posts and limited access.
    OhSuzi, I would let a mod know before they discover it and you get sanctioned for it (you can only have one account per lifetime here); this so they can get rid of the other account or merge them.
    Last edited by lapushka; February 13th, 2018 at 06:36 AM. Reason: clarification
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    25.5"/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks for all the tips.

Gel does work for longer wave hold. But in the end, I found it made my hair drier so I stopped using it.

Lapushka, I've used the LOC method in the past, without realizing it was a method. Now I just use a light oil. But I'm gonna go back to the leave in conditioner part of it.

BUT- last night I used a silk sleep bonnet and I was amazed at the results this morning. Woke up at the crack of dawn to drive to a meeting that was canceled. Only consolation was that my hair looked amazing as soon as I took the bonnet off, so no time was put into doing it.
    No frizz, smooth, shiny, and no tangles. I was, and still, am shocked. This bonnet may become another one of my hair Holy Grails.

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/28/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I mist and scrunch in some leave in. I use kinky curly knot today. Now I am back to thinking about a bonnet. I have cheapie satin ones that I can take or leave, but I always wonder if silk will be better.

Renegray, going for terminal.
    Lost in the midback abyss.

Random Thought Provoker nicolezoie's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/floor/Dunno
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

If your shower is large enough: bun your hair for your shower, then after you're done with your usual stuff, turn the shower head away from your body, take out the bun, and let the mist in the shower fluff your waves. That resets the pattern for me. In my case though, I nearly always put my hair back up after, so the waves aren't as obvious. My length is happier, in any case.
    2a/b, iii (just over 4") and f/m.
    Pixie to ... is it floor now?? I guess so! 20 total years.
    Seen "Tangled"? That's my hair. . I'm even in the Special Thanks section of the credits!

Length
    Buzz/APL+/Knee
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nycelle View Post
    Thanks for all the tips.

Gel does work for longer wave hold. But in the end, I found it made my hair drier so I stopped using it.

Lapushka, I've used the LOC method in the past, without realizing it was a method. Now I just use a light oil. But I'm gonna go back to the leave in conditioner part of it.

BUT- last night I used a silk sleep bonnet and I was amazed at the results this morning. Woke up at the crack of dawn to drive to a meeting that was canceled. Only consolation was that my hair looked amazing as soon as I took the bonnet off, so no time was put into doing it.
    No frizz, smooth, shiny, and no tangles. I was, and still, am shocked. This bonnet may become another one of my hair Holy Grails.
    Oh haha yeah! I’m surprised I didn’t think of that. I had forgotten what my hair looked like in the morning before I started covering it with my silk scarf at night: nice waves on one side and Hagrid on the other

Terminal-curious
    Indian herbs or OSCO, oiling, finger-combing, protective styles
    ISO M or L Old-Style Ficcis (Fall, Pearlized, or Classical)