Thread: Garnier Fructis Treats / Hair food

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Garnier Fructis Treats / Hair food

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    This review details the ingredients! I don't know if it's accurate or up to date, though, so if anyone knows more, it'd be interesting to hear.

Oh D: Do you have any idea at all why that could have happened?
    That link is helpful for seeing *what* is in each one, but slightly less helpful for side-by-side comparison as it doesn't put them in the proper order as far as I can see

Hmm. Aloe ingredients:
    Aqua / Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract / Grape Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Cetyl Esters, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance

Coconut ingredients:
    Aqua / Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil / Sweet Almond Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Cetyl Esters, Salicylic Acid, Caramel, Linalool, Geraniol, Coumarin, Limonene, Citral, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, Parfum / Fragrance

Bold are the main differences, underlined are in a different order.

So it's not necessarily the glycerin, but the addition of aloe and also having fewer oils might be what did it (plus the possibility of the basic first 5 ingredients *maybe* being in slightly different proportions, which the ingredients list wouldn't tell us). Someone did mention dew points, but considering I used the coconut/macadamia one over winter I think that would have been with lower dew points and it still didn't make it static.

I have been using the aloe on my canopy before washing, to help degrease a bit easier (not on my scalp yet though, I've not been brave enough to attempt that yet - that's one of the next stages of seeing what it will tolerate.)

[Also, full price they're now 6.99 each. Yikes!]
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Price wise, my local grocer (who is usually more expensive than say an Aldi or Lidl, or regular drugstore) typically has the masks for 17.99 euro which is a total rip-off! A regular drugstore when on sale does these for around the 5 euro mark. But they do have the shampoos and conditioners for 3.75 euro, that's 1.25 euro at least below everywhere else. Go figure!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    27/34/45
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Price wise, my local grocer (who is usually more expensive than say an Aldi or Lidl, or regular drugstore) typically has the masks for 17.99 euro which is a total rip-off! A regular drugstore when on sale does these for around the 5 euro mark. But they do have the shampoos and conditioners for 3.75 euro, that's 1.25 euro at least below everywhere else. Go figure!
    This is insane. Here I see the masks for 5/6 euro.
    BSL - WL - HIP LENGTH - TBL - CL
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    Chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Okay i caved and just bought the papaya shampoo and conditioner, and i'm going to try it this weekend and see how my hair likes it!
    Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL | HL | TBL | Classic

23" and counting | Growing since September 2019

Length
    18/31/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by poojasilk View Post
    Okay i caved and just bought the papaya shampoo and conditioner, and i'm going to try it this weekend and see how my hair likes it!
    I recently bought Aloe and Banana, both shampoo and conditioner, just to be disappointed. The shampoos are mild, to say the least, don't really do a good job cleaning the oily scalp...God forbids I have some oil on my scalp..I would shampoo it 5 times with Banana shampoo and still have oil in the hair...I would probably recommend the shampoos to girls with dry scalp ..Conditioners have the same formula as masks, so basically I bought a mask in a bottle...That I can use,I guess..
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    27/34/45
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Oh now I'm curious about shampoos. I have a sensitive scalp, I'm always searching for a mild cleanser.
    BSL - WL - HIP LENGTH - TBL - CL
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    BSL/MBL/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Yeah Im actually quite surprised to hear everybody say the shampoos are too mild since they contain SLS and in my head SLS is more aggressive than SLES...

Length
    18/31/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mariekeeee14 View Post
    Yeah I’m actually quite surprised to hear everybody say the shampoos are too mild since they contain SLS and in my head SLS is more aggressive than SLES...
    I don't know in what concentration , but it sure as hell isn't cleaning my scalp..I use it when I wash everyday cause it doesn't dry out , and even though it's very 'foamy' you hair doesn't squeak after you rinse it..Like I could do it 3 or 4 times and still , not squeaky clean..
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    APL/35/48

I used the Aloe Vera mask today. I loved it. The effect is similar to the banana one, but smells a lot better ^^
    I'm not sensitive to smell, so I can live with the artificial banana smell, but the aloe one is a lot more neutral.

Concerning the shampoo: I dilute it with water before applying. I foam it up in a seperate bottle by shaking, then I put the foam on the parting (from forehead to neck), behind the ears and the under section. But with that method, for me, the shampoo doesn't matter much anymore. I can use any shampoo and the head always gets clean.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I finally picked the papaya mask today, I will try it soon. So far I have tried banana (good), goji (meh) and aloe (the best so far). I can't remember if I tried the papaya one so long ago... But my hair is better as dyes are slowly being trimmed, and my curls are getting tighter and wurly, so I am trying to stop silicones or at least to use less, and trying the Curly Girl Method whenever I wear my hair loose. So, let's see how this mask behaves with Le Fluff! I will probably try it this weekend.

BSL MBL WL HL BCL TBL Wrist CL FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 40" - 100cm
    My little braid thread