Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Garnier Fructis Treats / Hair food

Length
    HL/BCL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Garnier Fructis Treats / Hair food

Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    What is is about these formulations that works so well? Are there particular ingredients that could be replicated in a DIY mix, or is it just that this combination manages to work for a wide range of people?

Calling the science side of LHC...
    I've been wondering about this as well! Out of the three that I've tried (papaya, banana, macadamia), the papaya one reigns supreme. I suspect that the culprit in the banana one, for me, is shea butter, as my hair is known to dislike that. It's been a while since I used the macadamia one and my hair was in a different place back then as well considering the entire combination of products and so on, so I'd have to try it again to remind myself of how it makes my hair feel.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    27/34/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    What is is about these formulations that works so well? Are there particular ingredients that could be replicated in a DIY mix, or is it just that this combination manages to work for a wide range of people?

Calling the science side of LHC...
    I have the papaya one. I used it only for two washes and I need more time to understand the product and to give a review. But my first impressions are different form what I read: I find it sooo lighter compared to the masks I used in the last months. And I find it changes with humidity conditions, it looks heavier when the humidity in the hair is lower. I don't know if it make sense, I wondered about the high concentration of glycerin. But I definitely need more washes to truly understand it.
    Also, a friend of mine with healthy hair found this mask amazing.
    BSL - WL - HIP LENGTH - TBL - CL
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I have the papaya one. I used it only for two washes and I need more time to understand the product and to give a review. But my first impressions are different form what I read: I find it sooo lighter compared to the masks I used in the last months. And I find it changes with humidity conditions, it looks heavier when the humidity in the hair is lower. I don't know if it make sense, I wondered about the high concentration of glycerin. But I definitely need more washes to truly understand it.
    Also, a friend of mine with healthy hair found this mask amazing.
    Yes, to be fair, my hair is healthy as well, just gets a lot of poof and needs to be weighed down quite "badly". It just fluffs up any chance it gets. LOL! But no bleach, no dye, so there's that.

And I love these.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Waist/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I've have tried now two times both aloe vera and banana masks and I must say that the aloe vera one is better for my bleached dry hair. It leaves it a little softer. Amazing products both