Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Garnier Fructis Treats / Hair Food

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Garnier Fruictis Treats

I saw them in a sample sachet attached to shampoo bottle in Walmart ,never tried but curious to know the results.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Update: I think it's a win! I tried it briefly as a leave in the evening before wash night and although it was a bit coated, it overall was soft and nice! So, it's a win
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    Pixie/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I've tried both the avacodo and coconut ones as a regular conditioner and as a deep treatment and had great results with both! Has anyone seen the papaya one in the larger tubs? I really want to try it as it smells heavenly but the small tubs are soo wee

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Becs View Post
    I've tried both the avacodo and coconut ones as a regular conditioner and as a deep treatment and had great results with both! Has anyone seen the papaya one in the larger tubs? I really want to try it as it smells heavenly but the small tubs are soo wee
    I'm not sure where you live, but I would try Shoppers Drug Mart if you have one nearby.

I have a bunch of the little jars in the Damage Repairing Treat and Smoothing Treat versions, and I have 2 of the big tubs of the Smoothing Treat. I have had a chance to try both, and I really like them a lot, with the Smoothing Treat being my fav out if the two. My hair is not damaged, but I got the Damage Repairing Treat for hair strengthening and the Smoothing Treat, I got because I was super intrigued to see what type of effect it would give to my curls. I use them both with heat, and I leave them in for upwards of 20-30 minutes. So, my experience with these products is only based upon my using heat with them. I use heat with all of my conditioners in order to get maximum results and the deepest penetration possible.

The Damage Repairing one has slip, not a ton, but enough to leave me satisfied, it also leaves my hair soft, well conditioned, moisturized, easy to detangle, and the smell of it is definitely of a fruity variety, but nothing that my overly sensitive nose can't handle. It definitely leaves my hair frizz free as well. With the Smoothing One, it does all of the same things as the Damage Repairing one, however, after I use it it somehow makes my hair feel a bit more softer and has a bit more slip to it than than the Damage Repairing one overall. The smell is of a fruity variety (they all are of different types of fruity scents! so if you don't care for fruity type scents, then skip these all together), however, I found the scents to be refreshing, as I would rather take that then deal with deal with something that gas a super strong perfumey scent that makes me want to gag or that gives me migraines anyway. Plus, at least from my experience with these masks, I didn't find their scents to really linger in my hair barely at all after I had rinsed them out.

I have never used these masks as leave ins and don't plan to. So, I personally can't speak on how they work as a leave in on my air, however, I can definitely say that I will most definitely continue using and buying them. I don't know why Garnier reconvenes them to be used in the hair for 1 minute as a hair mask or deep conditioner, because that not do a thing for most people's hair. So, I definitely don't go by the instructions on this stuff at all. My local Walmart only sells the small jars inside. However, I was able to score the bigger sized jars from ordering it off of Walmart's website and doing ship-to-store. Because no eay was I going to drive long distance just to find a store that sells them. However, if you are lucky to find a store that carries the big size, then I would definitely say that buying the big size is a much better value for your money overall.
    Last edited by Reservechic; March 11th, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

I bought the avocado treat in a small tub that walmart sells along with the full size. I used it twice as a leave in and it left my hair very soft; smell is nice, doesnt have much slip as i would like. But its pretty good, i would buy the full size just to stretch out my kinky curly knot today leave in.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

The Fruit Treats are on sale at Shoppers for $2.99! They sadly didn't have the one I got before, so I'm trying a new one. They're also on sale in Superstore for $3.50 or something like that.

Length
    26/39.5/55
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

I actually liked all of them. I think the ones I liked the most were the nourishing one and the colored treated hair one. I have a big jar of the smoothing one right now. I use the treats as a pre-shampoo treatment along with some oil. Today I did cactus oil and the treat and I co-washed my hair and it feels really good. I definitely don't think that these are the best for detangling, especially if you have tangle-prone curls, coils or kinks. I love it as a pre-shampoo, but I've also used it as a leave-in and it left my hair extremely soft.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyned View Post
    I actually liked all of them. I think the ones I liked the most were the nourishing one and the colored treated hair one. I have a big jar of the smoothing one right now. I use the treats as a pre-shampoo treatment along with some oil. Today I did cactus oil and the treat and I co-washed my hair and it feels really good. I definitely don't think that these are the best for detangling, especially if you have tangle-prone curls, coils or kinks. I love it as a pre-shampoo, but I've also used it as a leave-in and it left my hair extremely soft.
    I really liked the colour treated one. The one I got was the damage one. I thought about the smoothing one, but it had olive oil in it and my hair doesn't like that.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Has anyone noticed that most of the ingredients are the same? I just compared my (now empty) colour treated hair one (goji) and my damage repair one (papaya). They only have a few differences (different oil, fruit extract and a few things I don't know what they are). If anyone's interested, here's the two lists.

Papaya

1199806 D2 INGREDIENTS,AQUA / WATER / EAU, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, STEARAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, CARICA PAPAYA FRUIT EXTRACT / PAPAYA FRUIT EXTRACT, PHYLLANTHUS EMBLICA FRUIT EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOJA OIL / SOYBEAN OIL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL / SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, COCO-CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL / COCONUT OIL, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, TARTARIC ACID, CETYL ESTERS POTASSIUM SORBATE, SALICYLIC ACID, CARAMEL, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, LIMONENE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, F.I.L. C212871/1

Goji Berry
    1199804 C2 INGREDIENTS, AQUA / WATER / EAU, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, STEARAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOJA OIL / SOYBEAN OIL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL / SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, COCO-CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL / COCONUT OIL, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, LACTIC ACID TARTARIC ACID, CETYL ESTERS, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, SALICYLIC ACID, CARAMEL, LINALOOL, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, F.I.L. C212862/1