256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easier

158 61.72%
  • Harder

49 19.14%
  • The same

49 19.14%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is longer hair easier or harder to care for?

Account closed by member request
    Length
    11CBL/33"HL/40CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Lightbulb Is longer hair easier or harder to care for?

What is your opinion? I'm hearing so many different comments and am curious

Btw sorry for the typo in the title
    Last edited by shaluwm_agape; February 8th, 2018 at 10:57 PM.

Default Re: Is longer hair easier or harder to care fot

IMHO it is easier

Needs a shampoo less often

Can trim it myself

So many styling options

No bad hair days

Quick style and go ~ done for the day

Fun way to express your personality

Length
    spike/48"CL/floor

Its all what you like I would take a bit more effort if I could get past knees / ankles who's with me?

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/40.5"/47"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I've generally found them to be about the same? My pixie was pretty easy, even with upkeep. And now that it's longer it's easy too. The in-between of like chin to about now, though, was more annoying. Less I could do with it, but still generally needed to do something.
    SL~~~CBL~~~APL~~~BSL~~~WL~~~Hip~~~BCL~~~TBL~~~Classic~~~FTL
    (Hit FTL mid-May of 2022, trimmed back to TBL on 5/20/2022)
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Short hair, like say a pixie, sticks up for me after every sleep, so it would need to get wet and smoothed down (dried) again every day. Also short hair like that would need a wash multiple times a week (at least 2/3x). Chin length would need to get round brushed every time it is washed, also 2/3x a week. Only as of APL to BSL does it get "easier" to deal with, less washing, less styling. Just let dry, blow a dryer through it willy nilly and it's done.

For me the absolute easiest so far is classic length.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I think both need upkeep, albeit different.

What I appreciate with long hair is you can always hide a bad hair day by putting it up. Can't do that with short hair.

Length
    pixie/KL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I find long hair much easier except when it comes to drying. When short, my hair needed daily washing and blow drying to look decent. With it long, once a week washing is sufficient bc it's otherwise always bunned and out of the way.

Long hair is much less costly too. Short hair has to be maintained every few weeks at a salon. I trim my own, haven't been to a salon in years. I think I spend less on shampoo and conditioner too, since I may use a bit more each time but only one seventh as often.

Length
    BSL/HL/FTL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I find long hair much easier. With my short hair, I had to wash it every day for it to look presentable. Not because of grease, but because it is closer to 3a when it's short. It needed upkeep to not be a poof-ball and I couldn't just put it up. With long hair, if I want fresh curls to wear down, I can. But if I want it up or don't have time to make it "presentable," an updo takes care of it. When I chopped from hip length to chin length as a young teenager, I was amazed at how much work the short hair was. I was always told that long hair took more upkeep.

Account Closed by Member Request

Easier. I don't do much to my hair during the week. I braid it and put it up every morning that's it and if a bit oily you can manage to disguise it with an updo. I've never had short hair but I imagine if not a boy cut it might be a bit harder to keep it presentable every day without washing or applying anything.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Easier. I don't do much to my hair during the week. I braid it and put it up every morning that's it and if a bit oily you can manage to disguise it with an updo. I've never had short hair but I imagine if not a boy cut it might be a bit harder to keep it presentable every day without washing or applying anything.
    A pixie cut for me was an absolute pain. I have 3 cowlicks (2 in the back, 1 in the front)... yeah, I think, maybe a tiny 4th one. And well they stuck straight up every time I slept on it. And then you have to wet it to get it to lay down and you need to dry it with a brush because you have to go against that cowlick (grrrrr). It was so frustrating; and it got oily so fast, after 3 days the whole do was oily and desperately needed washing. But I usually stuck it out for that day. And I remember we had language lab classes (with headphones) and I used to be *so* embarrassed when I needed to put the headphones on.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)