258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easier

160 62.02%
  • Harder

49 18.99%
  • The same

49 18.99%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is longer hair easier or harder to care for?

Default Re: Is longer hair easier or harder to care fot

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Easier. I don't do much to my hair during the week. I braid it and put it up every morning that's it and if a bit oily you can manage to disguise it with an updo. I've never had short hair but I imagine if not a boy cut it might be a bit harder to keep it presentable every day without washing or applying anything.
    That was me when shorter than APL..... I had to wash my hair every day (or 2), use heat and styling products, get salon cuts every 5-6 weeks....and still had bad hair days.

I pray I won't ever have go back to that length again

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    A pixie cut for me was an absolute pain. I have 3 cowlicks (2 in the back, 1 in the front)... yeah, I think, maybe a tiny 4th one. And well they stuck straight up every time I slept on it. And then you have to wet it to get it to lay down and you need to dry it with a brush because you have to go against that cowlick (grrrrr). It was so frustrating; and it got oily so fast, after 3 days the whole do was oily and desperately needed washing. But I usually stuck it out for that day. And I remember we had language lab classes (with headphones) and I used to be *so* embarrassed when I needed to put the headphones on.
    Oh man... Guess nor even pixies then

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    That was me when shorter than APL..... I had to wash my hair every day (or 2), use heat and styling products, get salon cuts every 5-6 weeks....and still had bad hair days.

I pray I won't ever have go back to that length again
    I just wish people would realize what I mean when I say I am lazy that's why i have long hair. Every time the women that work with me complain about having to do this and that and how much they need do carry around with them every time they travel... I am like you made me sleepy with all that. They instantly think long hair is even worse. No. Absolutely not.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I just wish people would realize what I mean when I say I am lazy that's why i have long hair. Every time the women that work with me complain about having to do this and that and how much they need do carry around with them every time they travel... I am like you made me sleepy with all that. They instantly think long hair is even worse. No. Absolutely not.
    Yes so far classic length on me = the easiest. TBL to classic is fine too. But it takes a bit of effort washing it (because it's thick, I need to section it (I don't use clips) when I put the shampoo on), but after that the conditioning step is easy-peasy and fun in fact. I like my routine and I get a bit of a spa-feel when doing my hair. I don't get complicated with products, I just use what's there for the week.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Absolutely not ....and if YOU can say that at YOUR gorgeous length and thickness....

Sure it takes a wee bit more time to shampoo/oil/dry it .... but the day goes on.... and we are not stuck before a mirror plugged into appliances

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I voted the same. Whether my hair's been long or short I've never done much to it, my pixie was really easy, I never styled it whatsoever and it just sat right. With longer hair there's more processes - detangling, using oils and leave-ins, but I wouldn't call it hard because I enjoy it!

Finally finished growing out natural colour!

Lapushka yeah washing might be the only thing where shorter hair wins. But I only do it once a week and I only use shampoo and conditioner or mask....
    Groove Granny, exactly what I was writing for Lapushka, it does takes more patience combing after washing and washing as it grows longer, as you have to spend a couple of minutes more in the shower but hey nothing that major. Like dying or cutting it all the time and as you said using ten appliences to make it look good for x occasion. And thank you!
    Last edited by Ligeia Noire; February 9th, 2018 at 04:18 PM.

Length
    20/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Much easier for me. Far fewer trims, less of a headache about styling. My cowlicks have cowlicks if my hair isn't an inch long or long enough to way them down I look like I stuck my finger in more than one plug.
    I am Galvatron … you have no right to change what I am!

Account closed by member request
    Length
    11CBL/33"HL/40CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Love these! I had my hair cut in to 2 different style pixies. The second was easier to maintain then the first in the sense that it was tapered but the washing and flatironing was crazy. And growing it out was a pain having to get it cut every month to avoid the growing out phase.
    I'm 5" (not stretched) away from apl & this to me has been the worst. Since finding out all the things i have done that hurt my hair... trying to protect it is hard. Its too short to really style. Just frustraring. So i am soooo glad to hear these i cant wait so that i can just be lazy

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Easier. I don't have to go to the salon every two months. I leave it be. And layers are not in my face all the time (which means touching it less= washing less).
    Bra waist Hip TBL Classic Mid-thigh