Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: What conditioner(s) are you using?

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/TBL/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: What conditioner(s) are you using?

I hope you get some helpful feedback on your ingredient sensitivities from the derm, Ashtangi! I havenít had major issues with any specific ingredient but if the fragrance is overwhelming or smells bad to me it gives me a headache and I canít use it. Probably I miss out on a lot of effective products because of this, but it is what it is . I do stick to low scent products on my scalp and skin with the exception of my Avalon salicylic acid shampoo, but so far the essential oils in that havenít given me issues. There is nothing worse than finding something you love and getting blindsided by a reformulation. Some companies are so cagey about it too which makes no sense to me.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I use Lush conditioner- finishing a bottle of American Cream

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

The only one I used recently was Kundal honey and macadamia hair treatment, a kind of deep conditioner. It made my hair sooo soft and smooth. I didn't like that because I couldn't use hairsticks and gave it to DH. Now his scratchy hair feels like silk.

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/TBL/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Iíve used Kinky Curly Knot Today as the first C in my WCC experiment for the past two washes, and I think I really like it. If nothing else it is good to detangle in the shower with. The lilac smell isnít my most favorite but itís not terrible and doesnít seem to linger.

The second C is currently up in the air. Iím testing different cones, which I havenít used before. So far Iíve tried Aussie 7-in-1 (bis aminopropyl dimethicone), and Giovanni 2Chic avocado/olive oil deep treatment mask (dimethicone). The first made my hair feel very slippy and moisturized, but with the second it felt a bit snappy when I fingercombed. Donít love that. Going to try Garnier Triple nutrition (amodimethicone) and Herbal Essences coconut milk (another bis aminopropyl dimethicone) next.

Length
    ~Chin/~TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    I’ve used Kinky Curly Knot Today as the first C in my WCC experiment for the past two washes, and I think I really like it. If nothing else it is good to detangle in the shower with. The lilac smell isn’t my most favorite but it’s not terrible and doesn’t seem to linger.

The second C is currently up in the air. I’m testing different cones, which I haven’t used before. So far I’ve tried Aussie 7-in-1 (bis aminopropyl dimethicone), and Giovanni 2Chic avocado/olive oil deep treatment mask (dimethicone). The first made my hair feel very slippy and moisturized, but with the second it felt a bit snappy when I fingercombed. Don’t love that. Going to try Garnier Triple nutrition (amodimethicone) and Herbal Essences coconut milk (another bis aminopropyl dimethicone) next.
    I've experienced the same thing with dimethicone, Ophidian. It leaves my ends feeling snappy and I get better slip and a more moisturized look from conditioners high in BTMS (like Giovanni 50:50). Bis aminopropyl-dimethicone seems to give pretty good slip for me, but I'm not using silicones currently.
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~

I am using the Garnier fructis conditioners. The silicone free ones. I am using strenght and shine for the first round and a heavy conditioner intended for curly hair (Hair Food, cocoa butter) as my second condtioner. I have learned that lightweight conditioners don't work well for me although I have fine, non curly hair. I don't find that it weighs my hair down and my hair seems happier with that in general :-) I often find myself liking the conditioners intented for curly hair.

I also have a Loreal full resist power hair mask.... but every time I use it I am dissapointed. Probably because of proteins. It does the same as coconut oil to my hair - it gets crunchy. I don't like not using up my products!

Length
    ~Chin/~TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Giovanni 2chic Frizz be Gone mask and conditioner
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~

Length
    27.5"/39"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Right now I’m pretty married to Long Hair Don’t Care for my first conditioner (I WWCC) but sometimes I’ll use Ecoslay’s Banana Cream if I need something heavier or am doing a deep conditioning treatment with heat. Second C is something with dimethicone; my fav is Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa conditioner, but I’m using up some Pantene that is adequate but not as great at the $3. TJ’s one and definitely smells worse (to me.)
    TBL now, current goal is Classic

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I'm currently using V05 Pomegranate Bliss + Grape Seed Extract. My hair isn't picky about conditioners so I usually go with Suave or V05. It loves the moisture and really keeps tangles in check. But honestly, I don't really read labels because my eyesight is awful. Sometimes I'll take a picture with my phone and then I can zoom in to read it. Hahaha!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Currently trying to make the Whole Blends/Ultra Doux Oat Milk conditioner and the Balea Wonderful Repair conditioner work for me. Both arenít ideal (not moisturizing enough) but I want to get through them before I repurchase my fave or else theyĎll sit in my cabinet until the end of times.