Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I resisted, and didn't buy...!

Length
    2/22/24/25

Default Re: I resisted, and didn't buy...!

If you are talking about hair products, oh it's been a long time for me since I bought hair products. I just got sick of wasting money on that :/ but I think I'll try this product, it's called Deep Sea Repair from DevaCurl.... If that answers your question, I don't know

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

There was last summer when I wanted to buy something from L'Oréal elvital total repair 5: BHT - no thanks!
    The botanicals products are too expensive. I like Balea even better.
    Argan oil of Morocco - too expensive. Didn't see people buying that thing, only some reviews on the internet and too many recommendations from rich YouTubers.
    The tangle teezer, the wet brush... Gosh they're just brushes, they still produce mechanical damage if you brush 100 strokes.
    Hair toys on reduced prices. Yeah, those for 5 year old blonde girls with baby fine hair... No thanks. I better invest in a ficcare or a hair stick.
    I didn't buy hair sticks or ficcare because I found my method of stabilising a braided Nautilus with spin pins: (coming soon: braided knot bun with spin pins).
    I didn't buy hair elastics: I saw how pretty YouTubers cringe when they take those things off their hair.
    Hena or cassia - I really don't have money to invest in my hair. I practice benign neglect and my hair is doing just fine.
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

I haven't bought a crea clip yet but I think I will end up doing it. It's cheaper than the salon.

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I haven't bought a crea clip yet but I think I will end up doing it. It's cheaper than the salon.
    Honestly, it's a great investment for me. I got it in 2013 and used it mmmmm half a dozen times or so? I can't remember how much my haircuts were but its faster too lol

I'm being good. I'm not even gathering coupons so I can't tempt myself. Finished one conditioner nearly done another.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Last Wednesday, apparently there were 2 Aqua Light shampoos + different Pantene conditioners on sale in our Aldi, and I resisted. I am waiting on the conditioner sale in Lidl.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Good thread!

Resisted the urge to by a hair perfume. Tried to talk myself into getting it, but in the end, I was too cheap to spend $53 bucks for something so ridiculous. But man, I still want it.

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I resisted to buy shampoo and conditioner and even a hair toy today..gosh it was so hard to walk away from the hair toys but i have so many and as for shampoo over 50 bottles already and goodness knows how many bottles of conditioner,i may have walked away today but a certain hair toy is on my mind but no i will resist!

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I've so far resisted getting a Wet Brush - specifically, the Earth edition wooden ones. They're so nice, but I really don't need another brush or comb. In the store here it costs about 25 euros equivalent.

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Length
    SL/24"/24"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I almost bought a sulfate-free shampoo for 99 Chinese Yuan (15.66USD) which I guess it's not too expensive but I can buy better shampoo online for cheaper from Beijing for 50 (7.9USD).
    2018 Hair Goals: maintain, improve curls, grow out damage and thicken hair

Length
    CBL/Waist/Hip+
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Good thread!

I resisted buying a new Ficcare (neon purple) even though I told myself I could get it if I sold some stuff on Marktplaats (sort of a Dutch eBay) which I did.

I didn't buy anything at the 40% off sale at The Body Shop, even though I wanted too.

Didn't buy a hair toy from Bijoux Brigitte when I went there to pick up a present for my aunt.

I am not even looking at the sale offers drugstores such as 'Etos' and 'Kruidvat' have. I have enough conditioners for now I think. I will sort out my stash later on.
    Current lenght: 83cm/ almost 33" ~ may 19 2018 ~ Made it to waistlength!