Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to go through a whole bottle of shampoo?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default How long does it take you to go through a whole bottle of shampoo?

Just because I thought the thread posted by gustavonut was so much fun, I thought of this one to accompany it.

How long does it take you?

I think I get through a 250ml bottle in about 6 to 8 times; depends on how much I need to use. I am now finishing up my KV (Kruidvat) herbal shampoo, which is an old 500ml bottle. I still have half of it left.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: How long does it take you to go through a whole bottle of shampoo?

smaller tubes 6-8 oz usually will last me 5-6 months. I shampoo once only , and only my very scalp. I have a liter of sulfate free shampoo (salon brand) that i've had over a year- I alternate between that and head and shoulders (Because otherwise my scalp would be a biohazard)
    Pixie..Chin length...Shoulder length...APL...BSL...WL ​I reached my hair goal!
    Lady Undine Waverunner of the Azure Seas in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Shampoo lasts a LONG time for me..I would say the 6-8 oz lasts over a year. But I cowash..haha and those run out pretty quickly, I'd say the family size of the suave stuff lasts me about 1-2 months?

Conditioner in general though for me runs out real fast as I use a ton ^^
    currently approaching tbl

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Gosh... I don't actually know? I know when I bought this current bottle of SM, so I guess I'll try to remember to come back here once it runs out!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Hey, great idea Lapushka!
    It takes me quite a while to use up a 200ml bottle of shampoo. I’m assuming it’s because I have multiple shampoos that I like to rotate so that usually will add on to the time as well. My normal bottle of HH hello hydration shampoo isn’t even a 1/3 of the way used yet because I use such a low amount of shampoo when I wash (a couple dime amounts at best) and I wash my hair once-twice a week. My clarifying shampoo is a bit more used up because I have been swimming often and it works best for me after I swim in chlorinated and salty water.
    All in all I’d say it takes me 4-6 months or so to use up one bottle, whereas the matching conditioner gets used up WAYYY sooner. The hair wants what it wants, haha.
    Last edited by gustavonut; January 23rd, 2018 at 05:07 PM.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I still have over 5/6 of a bottle of SM Intense Hydration shampoo that I got in August (love those offers of "Get 50% More FREE!!)...and I still have some OGX Coconut Milk shampoo from a couple of years ago. I was rotating shampoos to get rid of my backlog--finally finished off a bottle of Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo I got about 13 years ago (do they still MAKE that stuff??)
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    chin/32-33/46"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Takes maybe 1-1.5 months? But I'm not the only one who uses it, Sometimes my mom or sister uses it too
    Currently mid-back(27") after months of forgetting about it, Going for as long as I can put up with it

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    Shampoo lasts a LONG time for me..I would say the 6-8 oz lasts over a year. But I cowash..haha and those run out pretty quickly, I'd say the family size of the suave stuff lasts me about 1-2 months?

Conditioner in general though for me runs out real fast as I use a ton ^^

Same here. Although, a bottle I think it's one litre, lasts me a month or so, sepending on if I SMT or henna.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    20/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I tend to have three or four shampoos going at once, so it takes me a little bit.
    I am Galvatron you have no right to change what I am!

Length
    27/57/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I don't even really pay attention to this. Probably around two months? I use maybe four times as much conditioner as shampoo.