Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official NW/SO Thread

Length
    13/13.5/40

Default Re: The Official NW/SO Thread

I am amazed, NW actually works! I haven’t washed my hair for two weeks, and it looks...ok. In fact, it looks better than it used to couple of days after washing.
    Current routine: full SMP in the evenings and quick scritch in the morning. I’m thinking of starting SMP once every other day.

Meeri, that's great!

General update: So I purchased both a wooden and a horn comb. Wooden arrived a couple weeks ago, horn is coming from far away, so I'm still waiting on it. The wooden comb is I think green sandalwood. Has a lovely smell once it aired out from being in the plastic packaging. It's a 2-sided comb; wider teeth on one side and finer on the other. I like it for preening most of all. It's a bit rough on my length; I think to get the best, gentlest use of it I should be sure my hair is very well finger- or brush-detangled before using. Work has been busy and extra energy is limited these days so I've been using the comb to detangle and consequently having more breakages and sheds. I still prefer finger-scritching to comb scritching, even with this one. I do get a lot of lint out with the finer teeth; I don't know if my hair is ever completely lint-free even after many minutes of combing. Basically I'm trying to maintain while life is a little more hectic than usual; not hitting any high standards for hair care but it's doing okay and I'm okay with it. It's the warm season, I'm still using lots of Clorox Clean-Up, scalp still doesn't like to be covered in warm weather, I still try to get a decent scritching in at least once a day.

Length
    twa/twa/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

I have been doing a NW/SO and WO hybrid. An occasional rinse every 3 or so weeks. I have been neglecting SMP and my scalp is not happy. This is a method for the diligent. However, my hair seems to be doing ok.

I agree Emissary2ornj better to detangle with the gentler tool, and then use a comb, or (in my case a bb) brush.
    I definitely prefer using my fingers first, then smoothing over the hair with the bb brush.
    Shave (23.01.2021) Neck Length (23.03.2022)

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary2ornj View Post
    Meeri, that's great!

General update: So I purchased both a wooden and a horn comb. Wooden arrived a couple weeks ago, horn is coming from far away, so I'm still waiting on it. The wooden comb is I think green sandalwood. Has a lovely smell once it aired out from being in the plastic packaging. It's a 2-sided comb; wider teeth on one side and finer on the other. I like it for preening most of all. It's a bit rough on my length; I think to get the best, gentlest use of it I should be sure my hair is very well finger- or brush-detangled before using. Work has been busy and extra energy is limited these days so I've been using the comb to detangle and consequently having more breakages and sheds. I still prefer finger-scritching to comb scritching, even with this one. I do get a lot of lint out with the finer teeth; I don't know if my hair is ever completely lint-free even after many minutes of combing. Basically I'm trying to maintain while life is a little more hectic than usual; not hitting any high standards for hair care but it's doing okay and I'm okay with it. It's the warm season, I'm still using lots of Clorox Clean-Up, scalp still doesn't like to be covered in warm weather, I still try to get a decent scritching in at least once a day.
    I do WO and used to use a wooden comb. Then I got a horn comb with very wide tines - I can fit my little finger in between them. It is the best comb I have ever bought. Instant detangling, no static and gentle on the waves. The wooden one feels much harsher on my hair. But for you doing NW/SO you probably need the finer wooden one to clean the hair. I’d be interested to know how you find the horn one when you receive it

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm not SO at all but I find the method so helpful for stretching washes to the limit! So grateful for this thread. I've lurked here for a while and I figured I might as well pop in and thank y'all
    Just trying to get by

Feral, I'm glad to hear of your results! I think EdG and other WO folks used a wide-tooth horn comb with success... package tracking says my comb is finally in the US! Hopefully won't be much longer.

Welcome, 0xalis! Thanks for dropping in. So much info here.

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Has anyone with oily hair tried this?
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice

Hi

I try WO from last 2 weeks (that's why I came to this forum). Now I spend all free time with reading everything about it... Unfortunately in my language I can't found anything, so... forgive me my English
    I really hope I start look like human soon - in this moment I have incredibly fat hair : .

My daily routine is SMP at morning and evening. At evening is a little longer (I love make it, when I watch some move ). I still try found perfect SMP for my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
    Hi

I try WO from last 2 weeks (that's why I came to this forum). Now I spend all free time with reading everything about it... Unfortunately in my language I can't found anything, so... forgive me my English
    I really hope I start look like human soon - in this moment I have incredibly fat hair : .

My daily routine is SMP at morning and evening. At evening is a little longer (I love make it, when I watch some move ). I still try found perfect SMP for my hair.
    Welcome, Bonsai! You're not the only one to SMP while watching TV or movies! Hope it keeps working for you. I think we're all experimenting. There is a lot of good info in this forum about different ways to scritch and preen and tools to use. Hang in there with the greasiness - this experiment requires LOTS of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
    Has anyone with oily hair tried this?
    When I was a kid, my mom considered my scalp and facial skin to be "oily". I dunno if it really was, or was just reacting to the shampoo and soap cycle. I consider my sebum production to be generous. I have adjusted my definitions of "clean" hair. It used to be that very dry looking hairs, with very little weight to them, were clean. I had to shampoo every 2-3 days to maintain this. Now I accept the weight, darker tones, and different feel of sebum-y hair as "clean", if I have scritched my scalp and brushed or combed as much lint out as I can.