Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of Growth...?

Length
    2"/22.8"/33"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Lack of Growth...?

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    That looks like pretty good growth for having trimmed 1.5" in 8 months; you would have gained 4' with no trims.

I agree measuring in some fashion will help you feel like you have gained, though the longer you get the more buns you can do and you will feel it.

Happy growing
    Yes, this exactly! It looks like you were upper BSL or between APL and BSL in April, and now you're in the middle of the midback abyss or even bottom of it.

While going by milestones is all well and good, I'm personally of the mind that having both hard numbers from measurement and visual milestones to see growth is a great way to go. For me it's nice having that numerical backup when I'm feeling like my hair hasn't grown at all.

Also, using my mediocre measuring skills and your little freckle on your left shoulder to the top of your shoulder as a "standard": in April you were 2.5 StF (shoulder to freckles) from the freckle down. In January you're 4 StFs! I have no idea what that is in inches, but it's clear growth and pretty good for 8 months minus 1.5"!

SL~~~CBL~~~APL~~~BSL~~~MBL~~~WL~~~Hip?
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/MBL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thank you everyone for your responses. I'll be measuring my hair today to keep better track of it, I'll measure again at the end of the year to see what my growth is like with no trims.

I had a go at a nautilus bun too, but I'm useless at updos and I don't seem to have enough hair for it, so for now I'll just be putting it up however I can manage with my hair stick and ribbons (but avoiding elastics) and see how that goes. I'll also be trying to stretch my washes to once a week- partly to see if it helps, and partly for convenience.

and @Corvana, using the freckle as a reference point is actually a great idea. I never thought of that! it does make the growth easier to see thank you!
    SL > APL > BSL > MBL > WL > HL > TB > CL

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaJane View Post
    Hi everyone,
    So I'm back online after taking a break. I'm wondering how you all stay motivated and optimistic about growing your hair even when it seems like nothings changing?
    I stay motivated by remembering that I'm growing out damage, and by focusing on the health of my hair, not the length... because healthier=longer, eventually, but it takes AGES.

ENJOY THE JOURNEY Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Thank you everyone for your responses. I'll be measuring my hair today to keep better track of it, I'll measure again at the end of the year to see what my growth is like with no trims.

I had a go at a nautilus bun too, but I'm useless at updos and I don't seem to have enough hair for it, so for now I'll just be putting it up however I can manage with my hair stick and ribbons (but avoiding elastics) and see how that goes. I'll also be trying to stretch my washes to once a week- partly to see if it helps, and partly for convenience.

and @Corvana, using the freckle as a reference point is actually a great idea. I never thought of that! it does make the growth easier to see thank you!
    I also use body markers for milestones...be it a mole or roll

At your length a cinnamon bun with claw /alligator clips will work; with your stick a LWB starting with 1 finger then wrap the rest around the base and increase the number of fingers as you grow (I never use my thumb because my hair slips too much).

You got it girl

Length
    13/24/36
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i

I think we are our own worst critic some times. I can certainly see growth. It does seem your waves are bit less, but that could many things - and I'm no expert. For me, sometimes a clarify or hot oil treatment will bring back the curls. I would agree, that you nearly at waist now, and it looks great. Looks to be in good condition. Don't give up, we are here for you.

Your hair looks gorgeous, hang in there...I measure my hair monthly, it helps a lot.

Length
    SL/MBL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

So I measured my hair and I'm currently at 26 inches (just a bit over) and waist is about 30 inches on me- hip around 35. So I'm hoping to hit waist by the end of the year, and hip by the end of next

I intend to measure again at the end of the year to see the progress in numbers. I also ordered a 2 prong hair fork which I'm excited to try out- I'm hoping it will offer more stability than the single stick I currently have.

The main issue I seem to be having with my buns so far, except that I'm generally useless at them! Is that the ends stick out and look really awkward. Any suggestions on how to get around this?
    SL > APL > BSL > MBL > WL > HL > TB > CL

Length
    Chin/TBL+/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

So I measured my hair and I'm currently at 26 inches (just a bit over) and waist is about 30 inches on me- hip around 35. So I'm hoping to hit waist by the end of the year, and hip by the end of next

I intend to measure again at the end of the year to see the progress in numbers. I also ordered a 2 prong hair fork which I'm excited to try out- I'm hoping it will offer more stability than the single stick I currently have.

The main issue I seem to be having with my buns so far, except that I'm generally useless at them! Is that the ends stick out and look really awkward. Any suggestions on how to get around this?
    Yes coil it up to the end, the very end, and tuck the ends under your bun.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)