Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpenlandkunst wood hair toys

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Alpenlandkunst wood hair toys

My custom order is complete and I ordered it and hope it arrives soon. So excited! They look awesome and they’re gonna be usable for when my hair is much longer! Yay!

They have wider spaced prongs and are 6 inch usable length.

Beautiful striped fork there. So tempted to get a striped one at some point now.
    Wobbly are the walls ofmy mind. ~ Hip onward to tailbone and beyond~ No trimming 2021 from 8th February 2021 ~ My hair type is Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    My custom order is complete and I ordered it and hope it arrives soon. So excited! They look awesome and they’re gonna be usable for when my hair is much longer! Yay!

They have wider spaced prongs and are 6 inch usable length.
    Wonderful choice of colors! And nice to know they do wider spacing
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

My new toys have arrived!

I absolutely love the turquoise one, I’m definitely getting a simple two prong one in that color next time, and perhaps a red in the three prong. The smaller two prong one I got was too small for me unless I did a cinnabun, but my mom ended up loving it so she might inherit it now I guess.

I’ll post better pics later.

Edit:

Also got a green in the same shape as the red one but it’s for a friend.
    Last edited by pisinoe; May 7th, 2021 at 05:03 AM.

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Oh that turquoise just pops up so beautifully in your hair color, pisinoe! Love them all!

Has anyone tried the curved, or "3D", forks from this shop? I really like the ones I've tried so far (especially the 3 prong "Smart" model and the corkscrew spiral stick), but I've never tried a fork with a head curve. I did try a flat stick with a head curve from this shop as well but only just figured out how to use it without pulling my hair too tight... I'm glad, because it has a tulip on it, which makes me quite happy. The only fork I've tried that doesn't seem like a good fit for me is the two prong "Africa" model, as it's hard to get into my hair (prongs are very close together), and it doesn't seem balanced once I do get it in (so far only works if I do the LWB). Anyway, the curved ones from this shop are more expensive, but still quite reasonably priced for quality workmanship. The shop owner is also very nice, which makes me want to buy more there. 🙂 Specifically, I'm looking at "Nera." 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelai27 View Post
    Has anyone tried the curved, or "3D", forks from this shop? I really like the ones I've tried so far (especially the 3 prong "Smart" model and the corkscrew spiral stick), but I've never tried a fork with a head curve. I did try a flat stick with a head curve from this shop as well but only just figured out how to use it without pulling my hair too tight... I'm glad, because it has a tulip on it, which makes me quite happy. The only fork I've tried that doesn't seem like a good fit for me is the two prong "Africa" model, as it's hard to get into my hair (prongs are very close together), and it doesn't seem balanced once I do get it in (so far only works if I do the LWB). Anyway, the curved ones from this shop are more expensive, but still quite reasonably priced for quality workmanship. The shop owner is also very nice, which makes me want to buy more there. 🙂 Specifically, I'm looking at "Nera." 🤔
    I had a fork of that model and I really liked it. It was very smooth and didn't snag at all. I ended up giving it away because it was too large for me but the deep head curve made the largeness less apparent since it tucked nicely against the sides of the head. I like pretty much everything Marco makes and peeking into the shop is always dangerous since I want to buy everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrid View Post
    I had a fork of that model and I really liked it. It was very smooth and didn't snag at all. I ended up giving it away because it was too large for me but the deep head curve made the largeness less apparent since it tucked nicely against the sides of the head. I like pretty much everything Marco makes and peeking into the shop is always dangerous since I want to buy everything.
    What is your hair length and type? I was considering asking him to make one for me with closer to 4" FPL but was worried it would be too much space between the prongs. Then again, Swift looks quite narrow, so I'm just not sure! My hair isn't super long yet and I wouldn't call it thick, but I have a decent amount of it considering it's pretty fine (less than I did before kids though). And yes, he just added a bunch of new things to the shop and they're all lovely. I'm planning on ordering some things custom, IF I can ever decide what to get. 😅

What is your hair length and type? I was considering asking him to make one for me with closer to 4" FPL but was worried it would be too much space between the prongs. Then again, Swift looks quite narrow, so I'm just not sure! My hair isn't super long yet and I wouldn't call it thick, but I have a decent amount of it considering it's pretty fine (less than I did before kids though). And yes, he just added a bunch of new things to the shop and they're all lovely. I'm planning on ordering some things custom, IF I can ever decide what to get. ��
    The fork I had had a FPL of 12 cm, which I still wouldn't be able to fit into now. My hair at the time was only waist length and isn't thick at all, maybe 9 cm ponytail circumference. A FPL of 4" fit me comfortably for a while but I grew out of my forks at that size once I started to reach BCL/TBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrid View Post
    The fork I had had a FPL of 12 cm, which I still wouldn't be able to fit into now. My hair at the time was only waist length and isn't thick at all, maybe 9 cm ponytail circumference. A FPL of 4" fit me comfortably for a while but I grew out of my forks at that size once I started to reach BCL/TBL.
    Thanks for your reply! My hair is only at BSL, it's fine-medium but I have a decent amount of it, so sometimes figuring out what will work for me is difficult as I don't consider myself to be in either the thick or the thin haired camps. Maybe what I should do for my next order is try a flat Nera as it's more budget friendly, and then go for the curved if it works for me. My hair isn't so long yet that my buns are huge and might need the curve to be more comfortable... And the back of my head is honestly on the flat side. Lol! I did finally figure out that my curved, flat stick works quite well for a low LWP and is comfortable, although it doesn't hold as securely as a fork would at my current length. I think 4" FPL will be enough for me for quite some time, perhaps even once I hit my natural waist, which is my goal currently. I feel like I'm in analysis paralysis though and I can't decide what to get! When my hair cooperates, the three prong "Smart" fork holds a cinnamon bun very comfortably on top of my head, which is what I'm wearing currently. Try new things, or get something I like in purple or something. Decisions decisions...

Thanks for your reply! My hair is only at BSL, it's fine-medium but I have a decent amount of it, so sometimes figuring out what will work for me is difficult as I don't consider myself to be in either the thick or the thin haired camps. Maybe what I should do for my next order is try a flat Nera as it's more budget friendly, and then go for the curved if it works for me. My hair isn't so long yet that my buns are huge and might need the curve to be more comfortable... And the back of my head is honestly on the flat side. Lol! I did finally figure out that my curved, flat stick works quite well for a low LWP and is comfortable, although it doesn't hold as securely as a fork would at my current length. I think 4" FPL will be enough for me for quite some time, perhaps even once I hit my natural waist, which is my goal currently. I feel like I'm in analysis paralysis though and I can't decide what to get! When my hair cooperates, the three prong "Smart" fork holds a cinnamon bun very comfortably on top of my head, which is what I'm wearing currently. Try new things, or get something I like in purple or something. Decisions decisions...
    I always preferred to buy things a bit on the larger size, since I've found that with a bit of experimenting it's almost always possible to find a suitable bun to fit the hair accessory. There are very few things out there that just *don't* work for my hair and figuring that out is a part of the fun in the learning process!