Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpenlandkunst wood hair toys

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Alpenlandkunst wood hair toys

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    The one I purchased definitely has head curve.

I did try airing it out and it still smells funky. I even tried rubbing some scented oil on it and left it out overnight. It helped somewhat, but it's still smelly. It's a shame because I really like the fork. The hold is awesome and it's so well made:

You should message the seller!
    They’re very nice, I’m sure they’ll help you.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    Was there any head curve on these?
    Depends on the fork. Not all of them do.

Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Account Closed by Member Request

DweamGoiL, you could try to put your fork into a box with ground coffee or coffee beans for some days. It can neutralize smells.

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccalaurenxx View Post
    Depends on the fork. Not all of them do.
    Ahhh, that's what I thought. I have my eye on two now but I can't tell.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccalaurenxx View Post
    You should message the seller!
    They’re very nice, I’m sure they’ll help you.
    I just think they are so far away. What can I really expect them to do? I'm not shipping it back. I don't think it's worth bothering them over it. It's a fairly minor thing in my book. It's definitely what they finished it with. I have a lot of hairtoys so it's not like I HAVE to wear it this minute. I can wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOctopus View Post
    DweamGoiL, you could try to put your fork into a box with ground coffee or coffee beans for some days. It can neutralize smells.
    That's a great suggestion. I'll try that. Thanks!
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; January 11th, 2018 at 03:30 PM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    I just think they are so far away. What can I really expect them to do? I'm not shipping it back. I don't think it's worth bothering them over it. It's a fairly minor thing in my book. It's definitely what they finished it with. I have a lot of hairtoys so it's not like I HAVE to wear it this minute. I can wait it out.
    They may be able to suggest something that will remove the smell.
    You might not be the first person to experience it as wel.
    I always mention things like this to sellers because it’s a quick way for a seller to learn what to do different.
    As an online seller I love feedback from buyers.
    Who knows, as a seller, I would gladly send a new product to a buyer free of smells free of charge.

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've got a two prong lilac wood fork from here ages ago. I remember I had to sand the whole thing down when I got it, it was just slightly rough all over, especially between the tines. Here is the listing.

I rarely wore this one, love how it looks but I just prefer slimmer tines and my hair liked to spit this one out. But I was also at a length where my hair was spitting out lwbs no matter what I held them with, so who knows! I think I only have the one photo pre-haircut, but I did manage to get it to bun the other day.

Length
    21/35/30
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I bought a little 3 prong from here for my son a few months back so he had a fork he could wear to school if he wanted. I'm not sure if I ever got an action shot of it, I think it was a little long for him but I'll have to try it on him again because I've gotten better and putting his hair up.

Lady Vör, Tome Guardian and Wisdom-Keeper in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/C/ii

Pretty, wispe!

I saw this thread and couldn't help myself, I bought two straight forks since I've realised I love straight forks. Just heard from mother that they're already here! I've gotten so used to waiting 1-2 weeks for things to arrive from the US, so this was a nice change, I should buy from European makers a bit more often

I'll get to see them tomorrow, I'm exciteeeed!

Little update: I picked up the forks yesterday and both of them does have an odd scent, I assume it is the same scent that DweamGoiL talks about. I think is some kind of oil, but when I asked others to smell it they just thought it smelled of wood, but I've not had any wood smell this strong before. I really like the forks, so one of them is currently in 'recovery' after one of my little anti-smell treatments here is the other one:

got to love that single hair that points straight up!
    Last edited by Estrid; January 21st, 2018 at 02:13 AM.

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Estrid View Post
    I saw this thread and couldn't help myself, I bought two straight forks since I've realised I love straight forks.
    I also like straight forks - I got the three prong one. Mine smells nice of some sort of wood wax and is very light. I had to sand it a bit like wispe did.