Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Wet brush

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Wet brush

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    I bought a wet brush the other day. At first I couldn't beliebe it would do anything because it looked a lot like the brushes I used to rip my hair out with. I tried it out today and combed my half dry hair with it. I think it's up there with the TT wet detangler. I also had about the same amount of hair in the brush. My hair tangles the most between scalp and ear and brushing that part seemed to take less time, but I need to test it a bit more often to be sure.
    For me it's a life-saver, for those gnarly tangles right before washing, from not having brush-detangled the entire week; mostly due to my natural texture. Yeah, even the knock-offs are amazing.

And I had the same thoughts you did. I could not believe this brush would do anything but hurt. Boy, was I ever wrong!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/35/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    For me it's a life-saver, for those gnarly tangles right before washing, from not having brush-detangled the entire week; mostly due to my natural texture. Yeah, even the knock-offs are amazing.

And I had the same thoughts you did. I could not believe this brush would do anything but hurt. Boy, was I ever wrong!
    So you use it on dry hair, too? I'm really starting to like it. I think I bought the classic version. I saw on their homepage that they have other versions as well (with boar bristles or a paddle brush). Do you know, are there significant differences?

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I've a Head Jog straw brush that's classed as a 'wet brush' and it is awesome. It was 5 off eBay, though they're more expensive now. It just glides through and there's hardly any hair in the brush afterwards! The TT with the handle left my hair static-y and there was so much hair in the brush every time I used it.

Finda, I use mine on dry hair before I wash it. Lapushka's right, it seems to gently detangle without pulling.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

So you use it on dry hair, too? I'm really starting to like it. I think I bought the classic version. I saw on their homepage that they have other versions as well (with boar bristles or a paddle brush). Do you know, are there significant differences?
    My mom has the one for dry hair. She uses it only to smooth her style down these days. It is a boar bristle mix, this one; so beware, it is a totally different brush!

I just use the one for wet hair on dry hair and it is even better for detangling harsh tangles on dry hair. IMO.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/35/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I've a Head Jog straw brush that's classed as a 'wet brush' and it is awesome. It was 5 off eBay, though they're more expensive now. It just glides through and there's hardly any hair in the brush afterwards! The TT with the handle left my hair static-y and there was so much hair in the brush every time I used it.

Finda, I use mine on dry hair before I wash it. Lapushka's right, it seems to gently detangle without pulling.
    Yes, static is also an issue I have with the TT from time to time. I had to look up Head Jog, is it a UK brand? The brush looks like the flex dry brush. Is there actually a difference between brushes with or without a "pillow"?

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My mom has the one for dry hair. She uses it only to smooth her style down these days. It is a boar bristle mix, this one; so beware, it is a totally different brush!

I just use the one for wet hair on dry hair and it is even better for detangling harsh tangles on dry hair. IMO.
    Okay, thanks, I also have good results on dry hair with the one I have, but I wonder whether the boar bristles help distribute the sebum?

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Yes, static is also an issue I have with the TT from time to time. I had to look up Head Jog, is it a UK brand? The brush looks like the flex dry brush. Is there actually a difference between brushes with or without a "pillow"?
    I’m not sure if it’s a UK brand but the Head Jog has a flexible, moveable base so it flexes with your hair as you use it. There is no pillow or solid base. At first I thought well this is a gimmick.. then I used it and was OMG this is amazing.

Length
    APL/35/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    ...the Head Jog has a flexible, moveable base so it flexes with your hair as you use it.
    This sounds interesting.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

So I read this whole thread and I still thought, well, brushing wet sounds iffy... but then the people at WetBrush came out with the mermaid themed ones and i just had to have one. And I loved it. And I needed to try all the rest. And now I have a collection. I LOVE them. They just glide through my thick, wavy hair, wet or dry. I still use my BBB or wooden quill brush on dry hair (or my Phillips #11 when I really want that scalp massage feeling), but for detangling? These are better for my wet hair than a seamless detangling comb!

Last edited by UncommonTart; October 17th, 2020 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Fix pic link

Length
    Chin/TBL+/Class
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by UncommonTart View Post
    So I read this whole thread and I still thought, well, brushing wet sounds iffy... but then the people at WetBrush came out with the mermaid themed ones and i just had to have one. And I loved it. And I needed to try all the rest. And now I have a collection. I LOVE them. They just glide through my thick, wavy hair, wet or dry. I still use my BBB or wooden quill brush on dry hair (or my Phillips #11 when I really want that scalp massage feeling), but for detangling? These are better for my wet hair than a seamless detangling comb!

Those are lovely What a great set!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    No trim 2020

Quote Originally Posted by UncommonTart View Post

Oh wow, these are beautiful!