Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Wet brush

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Wet brush

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My Aldi is doing a dupe next week. I'll see what it's like and will probably get a few.
    https://www.aldi.be/nl/onze-aanbiedi...7.article.html

It doesn't look half bad! And it's made of straw (says so right on the page), believe it or not! I'm assuming they don't mean the bristles. LOL!
    That one looks JUST like one I bought for my mother a couple of months ago! This one! Available in the Netherlands and Belgium I had no idea it was a dupe for a wet brush. I did know it was a dupe, I just forgot for which one. The bristles are very flexible and bendable.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I bought one for each of my sons. They both love them. It was nearly impossible to find masculine colored wet brush, though. I got a silver one and a gold one. Same trouble with Tangle Teezer. I got them a bright red and a dark red. They don't seem to realize that if they expanded their color range more people would buy. Even young girls might not like pink and glitter.
    Last edited by sapphire-o; July 17th, 2020 at 05:11 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mariekeeee14 View Post
    That one looks JUST like one I bought for my mother a couple of months ago! This one! Available in the Netherlands and Belgium I had no idea it was a dupe for a wet brush. I did know it was a dupe, I just forgot for which one. The bristles are very flexible and bendable.
    Ooh that's great, thank you for that feedback! I am going to get a few. I can't be without a Wet Brush (or dupe). I might get one to replace my Tangle Teezer for the before the wash dry brushing. It's easy to get lint out of this one (no rubber back).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/??/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

I tried the new WB today, as wash day was overdue. It’s actually called the Custom Care Detangler (with small script underneath stating “for thick, curly, or coarse hair“). It has bristles that are a little longer and have very slightly less give than the regular WBs that were next to it at the store. The bristles are also spread out unevenly over the paddle part.

I didn’t have much hope at first, as it didn’t initially seem to make much of a dent in my tangles. However, detangling went much more quickly than usual and the bristles did a much better job detangling near my scalp than the regular WB. After detangling, I noticed increased willingness to form curl clumps and more thorough detangling than the regular WB could produce. It was the same price as the regular WB ($9.99 here), so I’d say it’s well worth it
    Classic stretched, bcl to tbl most days otherwise.
    Unruly mix of 3s.

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I just got a Wet Brush today after your recommendation, lapushka. I'm never going back to other types of combs and brushes! The WB glides through my hair so smoothly, even if it's dry. I always had tangled hair even when it was healthy (no split ends then) but now I only need to glide the brush a few times through my hair and that's it! No more tugging.

Thanks again for sharing the advice .

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ioanaxena View Post
    I just got a Wet Brush today after your recommendation, lapushka. I'm never going back to other types of combs and brushes! The WB glides through my hair so smoothly, even if it's dry. I always had tangled hair even when it was healthy (no split ends then) but now I only need to glide the brush a few times through my hair and that's it! No more tugging.

Thanks again for sharing the advice .
    You're welcome. Even the dupes are nice (but it has to be the very light bristles, just like a WB).

I know, right! I recently got some dupes at my local Aldi, and the bottom part moves along with each brush stroke. Even my Tangle Teezer pulled when I dry detangled prior to washing, as "gentle" as that brush may be. Compared to the Wet brush... well, there is no comparison. I love it on wet hair, but I love it even more on dry hair!

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I just saw (and ordered some )LOTSSSSS of different Wet Brushes on TJ Maxx's website today! Five bucks! there were even some I didn't know existed, like the "professional" one. Had to order it to try it out, because...FIVE BUCKS!

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've had my wet brush for like 2 years and I still love it! I recently bought a mini one that I keep in my purse haha. My big one has lost quite a few bristles XD
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Loribelle View Post
    I just saw (and ordered some )LOTSSSSS of different Wet Brushes on TJ Maxx's website today! Five bucks! there were even some I didn't know existed, like the "professional" one. Had to order it to try it out, because...FIVE BUCKS!
    The knock-offs in the "better" drugstores cost 4 euro here, so that is a darn steal!

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I bought a wet brush the other day. At first I couldn't beliebe it would do anything because it looked a lot like the brushes I used to rip my hair out with. I tried it out today and combed my half dry hair with it. I think it's up there with the TT wet detangler. I also had about the same amount of hair in the brush. My hair tangles the most between scalp and ear and brushing that part seemed to take less time, but I need to test it a bit more often to be sure.