Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: December 2017: Rose Bun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Posts
    9,504
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default December 2017: Rose Bun

    This super simple, but looks fancy.



    In the video she makes two rope braids and wraps them, but one rope will do. It is basically a rope braid cinnamon bun, but it looks fancy because of the rope braid.

    55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,367
    Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    This super simple, but looks fancy.



    In the video she makes two rope braids and wraps them, but one rope will do. It is basically a rope braid cinnamon bun, but it looks fancy because of the rope braid.
    What a beautiful bun in the video! Alas, my thin fine hair resulted in a tiny spaghetti-looking thing about golf ball size. Um ... no.

  3. #3

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    What a beautiful bun in the video! Alas, my thin fine hair resulted in a tiny spaghetti-looking thing about golf ball size. Um ... no.
    That was mine too ~ we can start a club

  4. #4
    TERMINAL LENGTH Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A quiet place
    Posts
    16,507
    Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    That was mine too ~ we can start a club
    No, we just add a paranda
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

  5. #5

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    No, we just add a paranda
    That's nice when you can....but at your length you don't even need it...a PUNY bun on you... NO!

    My hair is too fine and wispy and a shorter length for the landmark(short waist/shrinking spine); it ends up tangled, and only the paranda shows

    Occasionally I will try a braided bun, then pull it open a bit to use a stick, but it is still pretty tight and not usually comfy.
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; December 10th, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,367
    Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    That's nice when you can....but at your length you don't even need it...a PUNY bun on you... NO!

    My hair is too fine and wispy ... and only the paranda shows
    Exactly this.

  7. #7

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    That was mine too ~ we can start a club
    Cg ~ I forgot...we already have a club

    The Official Puny Bun Club!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,367
    Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    Cg ~ I forgot...we already have a club

    The Official Puny Bun Club!
    A club no one wants to join, but hey, at least we have enough hair to make buns!

  9. #9
    Member bparnell75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Northern SF bay area
    Posts
    2,566
    Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    A club no one wants to join, but hey, at least we have enough hair to make buns!
    I am in this club. But I have some hair extensions I might try it with. If I get it done I will post it,
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

  10. #10
    Member Mega Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    The middle of the Ozarks
    Posts
    135
    Length
    Sl/Elbow/Tbl
    Type
    1a/F/ii

    Default Re: December 2017: Rose Bun

    This is already a style I like, I prefer the one strand way. Maybe I'll wear it today now that I'm thinking of it! If my hair is too clean though, I seem to have trouble getting u-pins to stay... Maybe it's my technique?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •