Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone given up on cutting their hair altogether?

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Has anyone given up on cutting their hair altogether?

Last trim was 2015 I think. Haven't had to s&d either but I would if my ends needed it. I wear my hair up a lot, am not particular about my hemline atm and rarely get splits so not trimming isn't an issue.

Account Closed by Member Request

I think i did. Haven't trimmed at all in more than a year and when i did, it was a couple of cm only. Not planning on doing it anytime soon.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I did. I have had a small trim since November of last year, and I'm not planning on doing anymore soon. Not unless I have to.

Length
    bald/chin/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I trimmed last month to even up my hair; it was the first time I had trimmed since my big cut in January 2017. I do S&D once a week or less, but it only seems to be about 10 hairs each time, so I don't think it's going to make a huge difference in my length. For now I'm planning to let it go until terminal. We'll see how I feel about that decision once I start creeping past waist.

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

I did. I haven't trimmed in just over three years. Though sometimes the temptation to cut for an even hemline is there.

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Before I started paying attention to my hair, I went two years without doing anything to it and was also taking poor care of my hair (i.e. no care at all!). When I finally went in to get it checked out and trimmed, I was expecting it to be in pretty bad shape, but my hairdresser said it wasn't really that bad at all.

I actually had it trimmed an inch just recently since I keep reading that it's good to get it trimmed every 3-4 months, though now I'm thinking I'm going to wait indefinitely before going again. Now that I am paying attention to my hair I can keep an eye on it. I'll S&D every now and then when I'm bored or need something meditative to do.

Length
    10 in/10 in/25 in
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

It is one of my current goals to give up on cutting/trimming my hair altogether~! My last big chop was last month, June 2019, and that was it for me. Avoiding the hairdresser like the plague when I was young was how I grew my hair out so long in the first place--but my problem was that I wasn't taking care of it properly during that time; taking super hot showers every day, trying to straighten my hair (ah, middle school/early high school...), not detangling it properly, brushing my hair with a sound that my mother called "like a chainsaw," and on and on.

I know a lot more about hair now and about maintaining healthy strands, and I'm hoping that will make the most difference in my length while I'm growing it out! I decided to join this forum because everyone seems so helpful, knowledgeable and cool, and I have been proven right~!!!

The s&d method seems interesting, but I think that my hair (chin-length right now) would be difficult to trim myself and I'm certain that my hemline would end up uneven in a strange and unstylish manner >w<

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by starrycosmonaut View Post
    It is one of my current goals to give up on cutting/trimming my hair altogether~! My last big chop was last month, June 2019, and that was it for me. Avoiding the hairdresser like the plague when I was young was how I grew my hair out so long in the first place--but my problem was that I wasn't taking care of it properly during that time; taking super hot showers every day, trying to straighten my hair (ah, middle school/early high school...), not detangling it properly, brushing my hair with a sound that my mother called "like a chainsaw," and on and on.

I know a lot more about hair now and about maintaining healthy strands, and I'm hoping that will make the most difference in my length while I'm growing it out! I decided to join this forum because everyone seems so helpful, knowledgeable and cool, and I have been proven right~!!!

The s&d method seems interesting, but I think that my hair (chin-length right now) would be difficult to trim myself and I'm certain that my hemline would end up uneven in a strange and unstylish manner >w<
    Welcome! & Happy growing!
    We've all been there in Middle school & High school! Oh those times! LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    N/BSL/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

That's what I have been doing for most of my grown-up life. First time from a buzz cut to classic using cones and heat and all the usual bad stuff. Only healthy thing I did back then was hennaing for a couple years. Then chopped it off to about BSL - so it was "short enough " for a perm, of all things Damaged it a bit more with chemical red dye because the idea of hennaing that long hair by myself was rather daunting. From waist on down I saw the light and stopped using heat and cones and kept it in braids and updo's most of the time and this time I passed classic by a handspan and chopped it of last november to somewhere between chin and shoulder. Not that it was necessary ( I actually just went in to see about some bangs ) ... to get rid of the rest of the perm and dye cutting back to tailbone would have been totally fine but I was soo bored of having looked the same for 15+ years I had her chop it all off and lo and behold when all was said and done I had my curls back Thought I would never see them again , almost forgot I ever had any :/

Now 8 month later I'm back to BSL, still -cone,heat and trim free and planning on how to go about my henna journey this time. Already did a few strand tests and the next batch is in the freezer. And I'm freely admitting that I am soo happy to be able to use my forks again, finally, I've missed you guys XD

I don't see any trims in my future this time round either. Let's see how far I get this time round before the next big chop

Ps: I just realized while proofreading that this does read more like an introductory post, my bad. But yeah ,Hi I'm the new hennahead

Length
    10 in/10 in/25 in
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Welcome! & Happy growing!
    We've all been there in Middle school & High school! Oh those times! LOL!
    Thank you for the welcome~!!! You guys have all been so cool, knowledgeable and kind~!!