Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone given up on cutting their hair altogether?

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Has anyone given up on cutting their hair altogether?

To me a trim is anything from 1/2 inch and more. Since starting my journey 2 years ago I only did a rare barely 1/4 in trim. Now that I am past hip I will need a decent trim since I have more splits, tangles and frizz.

I don't think I could go the rest of my journey without a trim because my hair gets manipulation damage easily which would result in a false terminal length.
    ​You Zarkin Frood

Length
    12/12/31
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

I've decided to trim my hair once a year at the beginning of September. That way all the sun exposure and damage from pools will be done. I get at least 1/2" of growth every month. I think that a good 1/2" trim once every year will be good enough for my hair. And this way I'll get a lot of growth and will be able to reach my goal length in about 2 years.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Chin/40.5/TERM
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I guess I fall under this category now!! I feel like a broken record because I keep saying I am growing out my bangs.. My last actual haircut was in January 2017. I got blunt bangs cut into my waist length hair. Since then I have started to grow out my bangs, then cut them again in August, then again in November.. Such a painful process. So I am here on out not cutting my hair at all! I am just wearing it up and trying not to obsess over it.. Easier said then done.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I have not cut or trimmed in many years. It is what it is, I'm happy with the fairytale ends, they go easily into my updo. Why should I mess with a good thing?

Length
    21/HL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I've always been under the impression that I need to trim my hair to keep it in good condition. But S&D can get rid of some splits. Also when I do S&D the splits aren't just at the bottom of my hair; they are at different lengths. So what is the point in trimming the ends when it will not help the splits all through out? So maybe I just shouldn't trim from now on till my hair is the length I want?

* SL * APL * BSL * * WL * HL * BCL* TBL * Classic ?

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I think I'm having to settle on tiny trims twice a year. That's about when I get the itch to cut back the racer hairs a bit. At this length I just don't seem to naturally keep the kind of hemline I like without trims of some sort.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    2/12/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm not planning to trim mine anymore. I haven't trimmed since August.

Hi! I'm don't cut my hair at all. I can't even say I did S&D, because I only did that like ... once a year? and even then I was bored after 10 minutes.

I really try to avoid hair damage. For example, no clothing that is rubbing against my hair all the time. My longest hair was always healthy so I didn't cut any length. Yeah okay, of COURSE you will have split ends, because everyone has them! But a few split ends won't stop your hair growth.

So, if someone wants LONG hair FAST: don't cut. But you need to avoid hair damage. This is super super super important!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have cut last November 2016, and plan on not cutting until the start of 2019. Plan on doing that, because if it gets too uncomfortable past classic length for me, I am really needing to cut it again.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    I have not cut or trimmed in many years. It is what it is, I'm happy with the fairytale ends, they go easily into my updo. Why should I mess with a good thing?
    uh huh
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas