View Poll Results: How old were you when you committed to seriously growing out your hair?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • > 13

24 7.84%
  • 13 - 19

93 30.39%
  • 20 - 25

90 29.41%
  • 26 - 30

32 10.46%
  • 31 - 40

39 12.75%
  • 41 - 50

14 4.58%
  • 51 - 60

8 2.61%
  • 61 - 70

4 1.31%
  • 71+

0 0%
  • cheese

2 0.65%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you committed to seriously growing out your hair?

Length
    0"/35"/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How old were you when you committed to seriously growing out your hair?

I was 27. Though near the beginning of this year I did have it all shaved off so currently it's only been growing since about May.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: How old were you when you committed to seriously growing out your hair?

I was 6 when I decided I really needed long hair. It's been waist to tailbone for most of the time since with a while from 20 on where I grew to mid thigh but the ends were too thin so I cut back for now to tailbone to thicken.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Knee+/23,5"/23,5"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I was 31 and now I am 40

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It hadn't been longer than my shoulders since I was 8. I decided to grow it on a whim. I didn't know what color it was or what the texture would be like because I kept it pixied for many years.

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    Chin/Knee+/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I had first tried to grow my hair long as a child. It was somewhere around hip length when I finally cut it at 14. I tried again a few years later, but I ended up cutting it on a whim after a year and a half. That's when I decided to really grow it. I was 19 by then, and I jokingly said that I'd try to grow it until I got married, although at the time I never thought that would end up being true. I've been growing my hair ever since (it'll be 7 years in January), and I might actually get married next year!

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I was 23 when I decided to do a big chop for a healthy journey start. Started at Armpit+ ( maybe grazing bsl). I am now 25 and Hip+
    ​You Zarkin Frood

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I've had almost knee length hair several times in my life. This time the hair growth was enforced (long boring story, you're welcome) five years ago, and since I found LHC I've really enjoyed my journey and the wealth of information and inspiring photos you folks have provided. Thank you!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mira-chan View Post
    I was 6 when I decided I really needed long hair. It's been waist to tailbone for most of the time since with a while from 20 on where I grew to mid thigh but the ends were too thin so I cut back for now to tailbone to thicken.
    Yes the first time I hit classic I started growing age 5/6 (I was 5 when going into first grade). And I got there age 10/11. It never got to classic again until after, in my 30s.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12/18/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

It was late last year when I took it seriously, but I've always had fairly long hair.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Yes the first time I hit classic I started growing age 5/6 (I was 5 when going into first grade). And I got there age 10/11. It never got to classic again until after, in my 30s.
    I wasn't allowed to have long hair before 6 because I didn't like to comb it! Mom had to cut off tangles, so short it stayed until I submitted to the comb. Most of my friends had long hair in braids at the time. I wanted hair like theirs. By teens they cut their hair, I kept mine long.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights