View Poll Results: How old were you when you committed to seriously growing out your hair?

Voters
325. You may not vote on this poll
  • > 13

26 8.00%
  • 13 - 19

101 31.08%
  • 20 - 25

94 28.92%
  • 26 - 30

33 10.15%
  • 31 - 40

42 12.92%
  • 41 - 50

14 4.31%
  • 51 - 60

8 2.46%
  • 61 - 70

5 1.54%
  • 71+

0 0%
  • cheese

2 0.62%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: How old were you when you committed to seriously growing out your hair?

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How old were you when you committed to seriously growing out your hair?

This time? I'm over 60.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Default Re: How old were you when you committed to seriously growing out your hair?

I always had long hair (WL or so) as a kid, and after a series of setbacks that ended up with it at chin length by 15 all I wanted was for it to get back there. It stayed around shoulder until I went natural in my 20s and then got longer than before, about bcl or so. I wasn't actively growing it out though, just really practicing benign neglect which led to a pretty serious chop back to WL and then MBL in 2021/2022.

I got frustrated with how much I kept chopping and found this site and joined the no trimming challenge last year and that was really the start of my intentional hairgrowth journey. In my 30's. I figure that now I have good haircare practices, a solid routine, goals, and a community, I'll make it to untold lengths.
    Last edited by ETJ CURLS; May 20th, 2024 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Well, I was in my early 20s when I shaved my head clean and then let it grow however long it wanted.
    So while getting to TBL then was more accidental than a real commitment, that was the longest my hair has ever been and cutting it since has been a big regret of mine.
    I think if it wasn't due to those years, and my friendship with Tatsu, I wouldn’t be growing out my hair now with the intention to get to CL and beyond.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Although my hair used to be around MBL-WL for most of my life, it was in a really bad shape and split all over. When I turned 30, I chopped it all off into a pixie with the aim of starting fresh and taking the best care of it in order to grow long (and healthy). I still don´t know how long I want to grow, but certainly want to keep it longer than WL.
    No length-check challenge: May 2024 - May 2025
    When it's broken, fix it. When it works, don't change it.

My Instagram

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Well, i think it was between 12 - 16 but it is sooo many decades ago and now I am not able anymore telling you exactly when it was. It's just been too long.
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

I started growing my hair long in high school (13-14). I decided to shock people on my last day so I cut it all off and donated the ponytail. I realized I liked having long hair and decided to grow it out a few years later (around 19-20 yrs) and have had it long ever since. The longest I’ve had it was below waist. I wasn’t taking the best care of myself so it didn’t look nice. I had a trim and have been trying to take better care of my hair. I’ve finally gotten the courage to wear more protective styles at work and my hair is a lot better for it. Like a lot of folks here I just prefer how I look with long hair.

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I've always had long hair, but I didn't start actively looking into hair care until close to 50. First things I did were self trims, found my first bun (the Pinless Nautilus from Lucy's Corsetry), and doing massive research on the internet.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Lady Marina...Dweller, Explorer, and Protector of the Mermaid World
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Honestly I've been seriously trying since I was 16 but the longest I ever managed was almost apl when I was about 30 but cut it off when I transitioned, my next serious attempt I was 35 ish but for 4 years I've been stuck in a shave sides, bleach, fashion color, shave all off loop ever since then.
    I had my last buzz mid April at 38 ( almoat a month before my 39th) and I'm considering this my true starting point.
    This will also be my last attempt at growing long hair, if I fail I'll just stay in my color and buzz loop

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I wasn't allowed to grow my hair until I was 18. Then I just went for it....