Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st lhc anniversary

Length
    32/35/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default 1st lhc anniversary

Today exactly one year has passed since I joined lhc. Finding this community has changed the way I see my hair. It has become a huge part of my identity and a dear hobby of mine. I have learned a great deal about hair care, creative and unique hairstyles and found a place filled with warm and friendly people, a place to call my "virtual" home. I have developed patience and determination which I feel is helping other areas of my life as well. I want to thank you all for this magical year I have spent in the universe of hair.

As I've seen others do, I would like to share my progress and some of my favourite styles from the last 12 months.

Here is my first hair typing picture and starting point. Such a dry, frizzy mess with lot of heat damage. I was typed 1c/2a when I joined. I was about hip length at that time, 32 inches.

True better hair care and moisture balance my waves started to pop out more and more and I decided to make another hair typing 1 month ago. This time I was typed 2a/2b. Also gained some length despite having two trims during the year ( altogether about 7-8 cm cut during the year )

Here is my hair today. I had it in a tight english braid throughout the whole day and not completely happy about how it looked when I let it loose (frizz is real!) but I had to take one anniversary shot. I have also waited until this day to claim bcl. Measured today and my hair is about 35,6 inches long at the moment. Stretched I am already a little past bcl and now my hair is there when dry and wavy as well.

To be continued...

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: 1st lhc anniversary

Wow, congrats. Your hair is beautiful, good work!
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

Length
    32/35/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

My braid tassel has grown size through the two trims I went through. I also learned new braided styles. Before I joined lhc, I could only manage the simple english braid.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Congrats! Your hair looks great and beautiful braid styles!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/M/ii

Wow your braids are gorgeous - as is the rest of your hair! Congrats on one year and here's to many more!

Length
    32/35/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I never really wore buns before lhc. Here are just a few of the many I had the joy to learn this year.

And I also invented a new bun myself! That was totally the highlight of my lhc year. Here is "Serimel bun/ Seribun"

Length
    32/35/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Wow, congrats. Your hair is beautiful, good work!
    Thank you It has been alot of work

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Congrats! Your hair looks great and beautiful braid styles!
    Thank you Tatsuoni!

Quote Originally Posted by Dems View Post
    Wow your braids are gorgeous - as is the rest of your hair! Congrats on one year and here's to many more!
    Thank you so much Dems!

Length
    MBL/KNEE/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Great progress through the year! Your hair is gorgeous and you can definitely tell how much better the ends look Great work on the buns too!

MBL ---> WL ---> HL ---> BCL ---> TBL ---> CL ---> MTL ---> Knee ---> Calf?

Length
    32/35/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Thank you Jas! I didn't realise just how much the ends have improved before I looked at the pictures side to side. At the moment I'm in the no trimming 2017 second half only challenge and I have to say it's starting to get quite hard. After the challenge I will join micro trimming thread to continue getting rid of taper. Now I feel like I'm taking a step back but at the same time I enjoy gaining length. So hard to find the perfect balance!

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Congrats! Your hair is looking so lovely, and I really like the sock bun with the ribbon, super cute!
    ​You Zarkin Frood