Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maple Holistics

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Maple Holistics

Does anyone have experience with products from Maple Holistics? Their shampoos and conditioners are sulfate, silicone, paraben, fragrance and cruelty-free.

I’m currently using their Silk18 conditioner, which I love. My hair has gotten stronger and hydrated (it’s a good balance of protein and moisture, I feel), and it smells sooo good. I have eczema and a sensitive scalp, but this really agrees with my skin. It’s my new HG product!

I haven’t tried their other products, what about you? Which have you tried and liked, or not liked so much? Let me know!
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Length
    SL+/40/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Maple Holistics

I was just hunting for reviews for the silk 18 conditioner, so bumping this thread!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

So far, I have tried the Silk18 conditioner, argan conditioner and winter blend conditioner.

Silk18 and the argan conditioner are identical, except that Silk18 contains vanilla extract for scent. I emailed the compny, and they confirmed this.

The winter blend is less thick and gloopy, and feels a little lighter. It is deliciously minty on the scalp, and smells great, but isn’t so minty that my body feels it when i’m washing it off.

Length
    SL+/40/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I've ordered the silk 18 to try out, so hopefully it will work for me too

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I don’t know if posting promo codes here is allowed, mods please feel free to take this down. Use the code MAPLE20 when purchasing from amazon to get 20% off

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I tried the winter blend shampoo and conditioner, and actually really liked them. I don't shampoo much anymore, but it felt nice on my scalp, more cool than actual tingle.. I had to use a lot of the conditioner, and it wasn't like amazing definition, so it didn't make HG status, but it was actually pretty respectable, especially since it contains shea and my hair doesn't usually like that.

I want to try the Silk18 though, or the argan (if vanilla is the only difference I might dodge the Silk). My hair likes protein, and since I switched to herb-washing it doesn't get much. And I'm always looking for good "eh I'm too lazy to mix up herbs" conditioners to keep around the house.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    SL+/40/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

My silk 18 arrived today, so will try it out tomorrow morning so excited to wash my hair!

Length
    SL/SL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I'm on my third bottle of their Argan shampoo. Doesn't overstrip my hair, and gets the job done (I'm a twice weekly washer).

WC - LOC - air dry - benign neglect

Length
    SL+/40/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Just washed and currently air drying. First impressions at this point of the silk 18 is its quite nice. Smell is lovely! (I'm a fan of vanilla though)
    In the interest of science I'm not going to do any post wash oils ect. I did WCC with the silk 18 as first conditioner, left on for a good 5 minutes while I did other shower stuff, then second condition was my normal one. I want to see how they play together, and I know how my hair reacts normally with just the one conditioner with and without oil/salve after.
    Atm the scent is playing nicely with the lavender and geranium 2nd conditioner, it's kind of softened it so overall the scent us more subtle and creamier. Kinda like cream soda actually!

Will update later with more thoughts when dry.

ETA:

now dry, lengths feel lovely and soft and sleek, but still had waves.
    Will carry on experimenting, but so far so good!
    Last edited by hayheadsbird; February 10th, 2018 at 05:35 AM.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Which conditioner do you have that smells like lavender and geraniums??? I need to know this.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.