Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of Private Blogs and Private Albums?

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Question List of Private Blogs and Private Albums?

Is there a page somewhere with a list of private journals and/or private photo albums? I'm sure there are private journals of people I would like to request friendship with if I knew they were out there. But it looks to me that the only way to find out if someone has a private journal or private photo album is go to each member profile individually. --Sort of an issue since I'm looking for ones with no specific person in mind, but that I might be interested in viewing/browsing. Thanks for any help!

Length
    28/idk/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I agree with this.
    My nail polish blog
    http://ojevitrini.blogspot.com/

Puttering around somwhere MusingFrog's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TB/...
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I think it would be nice if they all showed up with the rest of the blogs/albums. But (like on the old board) when you tried to access them and weren't allowed you'd get a message saying you didn't have enough posts or whatnot.

Because I definitely agree. I admit I didn't go much into the private journals on the previous boards, but it was nice to know they were there.

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

One way to quickly know if someone (in particular) has a bog is to look at the stats under his/her avatar. The last piece of data says "Blog Entries: #" You can click on that to go directly to the blog. The that data isn't below that person's name, then he/she doesn't have a blog.

And yes, I understand you want a list, and I don't think that is an available feature. In all honesty, there was no such list in the last software version. You had to go look (or search) the public journals for a person's name. Then, *IF* you had access to the private journals you had to look/search there, too. This seems much simpler, look for Blog Entries and click it. You'll know instantly. Then it is only 2 clicks away from befriending them (if you want to do that) to see private blogs).

I hope that helps.
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherbear View Post
    And yes, I understand you want a list, and I don't think that is an available feature. In all honesty, there was no such list in the last software version. You had to go look (or search) the public journals for a person's name. Then, *IF* you had access to the private journals you had to look/search there, too. This seems much simpler, look for Blog Entries and click it. You'll know instantly. Then it is only 2 clicks away from befriending them (if you want to do that) to see private blogs).

I hope that helps.
    Actually, what I did on the old boards (after I finished reading all my subscribed journals and had extra time --didn't happen much!) was go to the private journal section and just scroll through the first few pages of posts to see if there was anything that appealed to me. I can't do that now, or at least I don't think I can. Do private blogs show up in this list?
    Same question for photo albums... Do private ones show up here?
    Last edited by Cinnamon Hair; March 22nd, 2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: fixed links

Length
    bob/80/termi
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I have the exact same questions, Cinnamon Hair!
    Overall:1cCiii (Canopy 1bCiii; Front 3aCii; underneath 2bMiii) "...true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!" Sam Levenson

Length
    24"/TB+/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

Cinnamon Hair, I think the answer in both cases are no and no. The private blogs/albums you don't have access to just act like they don't exist. Sort of like a "you don't know what you're missing" kind of thing! Yeah, I wish there's a way to know because there are some people I don't know very well but am interested in them enough that *if* they have private blogs/albums, I would request friendship in order to have access to them. But if they didn't have one, I would feel weird sending them the request since, in that case, it's rather pointless.

(ETA: There are a difference in the blogs and albums though. The private blogs you have access to do show up in that list you linked to, which is convenient. But not so with the private albums. That link will only list public albums, period. I don't know why the difference. )

I really wish there was a way to list the photo albums that includes private ones (that you have access to), though. Sometimes I'm in the mood of looking at a lot of photos. Right now the only way to look at the private albums is to go to each of your friends' profiles and check if they have one. Such a drag!

Mods, is that (I.e, include private albums in the link to "All albums" or having a separate link to list all private albums one can access) something that's possible with the software? If so, I'd like to request that feature, please.
    Last edited by PatGear; March 22nd, 2008 at 02:50 PM.

See "About ME" under profile for my friend/contact policy
    Public Album Private Album

Length
    20/27/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherbear View Post
    One way to quickly know if someone (in particular) has a bog is to look at the stats under his/her avatar. The last piece of data says "Blog Entries: #" You can click on that to go directly to the blog. The that data isn't below that person's name, then he/she doesn't have a blog.
    Wait, so even if a person's blog is "private" the Blog entries link still appears under the avatar, and a person that clicks on it may get those "access restricted" pages?
    Lady Xanthyppe of the Moonlith Waves in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    My Progress! (updated August 2009)
    Currently at the upper regions of BSL. Growing again!

Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe View Post
    Wait, so even if a person's blog is "private" the Blog entries link still appears under the avatar, and a person that clicks on it may get those "access restricted" pages?
    Yes.

Another vote/request for a list of all the blogs, private included. I feel like I'm missing the blogs of some people who I've forgotten about (), and there's really no way to know about it if I don't happen to run across one of their posts on the boards. There are quite a few people who don't post much on the boards anymore.
    The voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas.
    Another Girl's Paradise

Length
    bob/80/termi
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe View Post
    Xanthippe, for an experiment, since we are not contacts/friends, I clicked on your profile. There is no "blog" tab on your profile page. When I clicked on the little underlined number next to "blog entries" on the left side here, it showed this:
    Hairstorm, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    So, I am not seeing any of your private blog entries.
    Overall:1cCiii (Canopy 1bCiii; Front 3aCii; underneath 2bMiii) "...true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!" Sam Levenson