Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Experiment Thread

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default The Experiment Thread

I looked and didn't see a thread that covered this so I figured I would make one because I know we have some experimenters here in the LHC! If there IS an existing thread of this sort, please let me know!

This thread to write out out your particular experiment will be (hair related, of course), how long you plan to do the experiment, and to post updates and conclusions.

My experiment: applying oil the the length of my hair while still wet after the shower.

How I will do it: Pull hair into a ponytail, either finger comb or use my TT, and apply 5-6 drops of oil throughout the length.

Duration: I will do this after each S&C so roughly twice a week for the next 3 weeks.

Initial thoughts after experiment #1: my ends seems to really like it. I didn't go to bed immediately so I kept playing with it and so my waves are much looser than normal. I'll try to leave it alone more next time to see if this process affect my curl pattern too much.
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Experiment Thread

Cool thread! I know there's one for herbs, but I don't think there's one for conventional products! I don't know if this would be considered a product or general thread, though. I suppose it's in how it's used!

My experiment 1: Using Aussie 3MM moist as C#2 in my WCC
    Duration: Honestly I get a pretty good idea after one try of any new thing since my hair very quickly tells me if it hates something. I've got a whole week to see how everything settles and whether or not I like it, since I wash weekly.

I'm debating adding a "wear my hair up more to see if I can condition my scalp to not give me headaches" experiment, but since I don't have many styles I can do at this length it's hard!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    Cool thread! I know there's one for herbs, but I don't think there's one for conventional products! I don't know if this would be considered a product or general thread, though. I suppose it's in how it's used!

My experiment 1: Using Aussie 3MM moist as C#2 in my WCC
    Duration: Honestly I get a pretty good idea after one try of any new thing since my hair very quickly tells me if it hates something. I've got a whole week to see how everything settles and whether or not I like it, since I wash weekly.

I'm debating adding a "wear my hair up more to see if I can condition my scalp to not give me headaches" experiment, but since I don't have many styles I can do at this length it's hard!
    Corvana, thanks for replying. I don't have any stipulations for what can be posted, simply a place for people to keep tea k of their experimenting and share their finding with others. This can mean trying new products or trying new techniques. I hope the 3MM works for you, my hair loves that stuff!

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Corvana, thanks for replying. I don't have any stipulations for what can be posted, simply a place for people to keep tea k of their experimenting and share their finding with others. This can mean trying new products or trying new techniques. I hope the 3MM works for you, my hair loves that stuff!
    My hair doesn't hate it, but it doesn't love it as a deep treatment! It's just not enough, apparently lol. But I really want to test it as a regular conditioner!

Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

My hair doesn't hate it, but it doesn't love it as a deep treatment! It's just not enough, apparently lol. But I really want to test it as a regular conditioner!
    Do it!! Have you tried a sealing oil?

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Do it!! Have you tried a sealing oil?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that? I do ROO, or if I forget I put a little oil in my damp hair after I shower.

Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that? I do ROO, or if I forget I put a little oil in my damp hair after I shower.
    Yeah, oil on damp hair seals in moisture. If you are needing some more moisture you could give that a try.

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Yeah, oil on damp hair seals in moisture. If you are needing some more moisture you could give that a try.
    I think oiling twice would be too much

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    3b/C/iii

I always put oil on my hair when it's wet. If I put oil on dry hair, I just end up with dry hair that's coated in oil.

Today's experiment was hand cream. I noticed my ends were a bit dry when I had my shower, so I wet my hair and put some coconut oil mixed with a bit of hand cream on the ends. If you're wondering why hand cream - and I think that would be reasonable - it's because I've noticed my most successful conditioners from the distant past all contained glycerin. My hand cream was the only thing I could find that contains glycerin.

Tomorrow, I will study my ends and see if it made any difference.

Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alibran View Post
    I always put oil on my hair when it's wet. If I put oil on dry hair, I just end up with dry hair that's coated in oil.

Today's experiment was hand cream. I noticed my ends were a bit dry when I had my shower, so I wet my hair and put some coconut oil mixed with a bit of hand cream on the ends. If you're wondering why hand cream - and I think that would be reasonable - it's because I've noticed my most successful conditioners from the distant past all contained glycerin. My hand cream was the only thing I could find that contains glycerin.

Tomorrow, I will study my ends and see if it made any difference.
    Interesting, never thought about hand cream for hair.