Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has a Boar Bristle Brush helped your natural hair care routine?

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Has a Boar Bristle Brush helped your natural hair care routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Update: I tried it today before I plaited it to go dog handling. I liked it!! The side I did the BBB felt softer and smoother than the side I had not brushed but had just detangled.

Being a science person I wanted to do a comparison After I did both sides my plait was smoother too, less shred. I worked my dog in 40 mph wind wearing a beanie and my plait was still ok!

It should be wash day today but after doing the BBB it really doesn’t need it. It doesn’t feel greasy either, but smooth. So I just wanted to say thank you TatsuOni for introducing me to this method! I’ve never been able to get a BBB through my hair to the scalp, and previously it felt squished not brushed as I wasn’t getting to the scalp!

Also worth mentioning TinyPonies does a scalp brush with a BBB and that’s been good too. The technique is you press the brush along the hairline backwards
    Thank you for the report! I am always interested in this type of stuff and it was fun to read about your tests! I'm also happy that you liked it

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Thank you for the report! I am always interested in this type of stuff and it was fun to read about your tests! I'm also happy that you liked it
    Honestly Tatsu previously I’ve never got on with BBBs, but since your post and video I totally get why people use them! Sectioning is definitely the way forward. I do WO with an occasional CO wash (length only) and have struggled with sebum distribution, but your BBB method has really helped

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Honestly Tatsu previously I’ve never got on with BBBs, but since your post and video I totally get why people use them! Sectioning is definitely the way forward. I do WO with an occasional CO wash (length only) and have struggled with sebum distribution, but your BBB method has really helped
    I'm so happy to hear that!

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights