Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Natura Siberica

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: Natura Siberica

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Thanks, lapushka! I'm actually surprised it's so easily available internationally now.
    Oh, and I should have made it clearer in my post that they used to source their botanicals in Russia. Nowadays, they use some foreign sources additionally, as well.
    There is another brand "Agafia" or "Grandma Agafia's Recipes" ("Рецепты бабушки Агафьи"), which is very similar (lots of products/ingredients overlap, lots of dupes) but it is even a lot more affordable, and it was founded and is owned by same people as Natura Siberica and appears to be using some of the same R&D and practices of using the same traditional herbs and oils popular over there, etc - it might be worth checking out for people who liked NS ingredients for whatever reason and are interested in experimenting with these types of products more...
    Agafia are ok too. They have these herbal scalp waters that I tried a while ago and it didn't really do anything.

They have expanded a lot. Their skincare before being rebranded was called 'Something' One I forgot the exact name now. I loved that face cream/sunscreen. I actually found Sibirica trying to find where to get it and saw the list of products manufactured by that company.

As for the Italy thing, the store employees straight up told my Mom that the stuff is "made in Italy." I think they tried to be fancy as it's the Nevsky store.

I've checked ingredients for the hair care of both Sibirica and Agafia, and Agafia is more "natural" I find. Sibirica is more geared to be fancy spa products. Agafia has better scent (not punch you with smell level).

Both brands are easily available here in NYC. I do ask my family to bring me things from Russia though as it's cheaper that way. One note of skincare, the Russian sold versions are less likely to have SPF while the "made for export" versions do have SPF. So there are different formulas for some products by this manufacturer, depending on where it will be sold.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Testing their scalp scrub now. It's minty, and cool-tingly feeling on the scalp. From just the wash scalp required less cleaning/ scritching than usual, which is good.

Now waiting for hair to dry. I'll update on how my scalp responds through the week.

Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Waist/Chin/Neck
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I bought a couple of their cone-free conditioners a few years ago when I was visiting Russia. I can't remember which ones they were, but it seems like they don't any longer sell them. They were quite similar, kind of ok but didn't give enough slip. I ended up using them in SMTS.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    I bought a couple of their cone-free conditioners a few years ago when I was visiting Russia. I can't remember which ones they were, but it seems like they don't any longer sell them. They were quite similar, kind of ok but didn't give enough slip. I ended up using them in SMTS.
    I didn't try the conditioner from them as they are so strongly perfumed. Good to know.

Scalp scrub update:
    Scalp is cleaner and so far is staying cleaner longer. It is a bit drying for my hair and scalp, which are naturally dry. It cut through the dry sebum well though, which just shampoo doesn't, works even better than pre-oiling, which I didn't do before this.

I have tried making and using a sugar scrub before, this stuff worked better for me than the home made one.

I'll see how this goes for the rest of the week. This might be a once a month or less scalp degunker for me now.

Length
    Chin/SL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Never tried NS, but Agafia is really affordable (in Russia it's probably the cheapest haircare brand), with mild ingredients and nice scents, and their conditioners are great for co-washing (no 'cones).

Bf had the stag anti-dandruff shampoo, loved it for a while, than it stopped working for him. I have one conditioner, but as it has cones I use it occasionaly. Can't say I'm thrilled, but not even that it is bad. Bf also uses their facial cream for a while now (has wolf head on the package) and is happy with it.

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

mira-chan, the scalp water/rub you have is by Agafia or Siberica? /// edit, sorry you wrote scrub not rub
    Last edited by LadyCelestina; November 26th, 2017 at 05:48 AM.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    mira-chan, the scalp water/rub you have is by Agafia or Siberica? /// edit, sorry you wrote scrub not rub
    It's Sibirica. I've used it twice so far and I like it for far. It can be a bit drying though.

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mira-chan View Post
    It's Sibirica. I've used it twice so far and I like it for far. It can be a bit drying though.
    Thank you! Is it this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natura-Sibe.../dp/B017T4CFDO

At first I misread your post, thinking you were testing a scalp water. Those have quite a tradition where I'm from

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    Thank you! Is it this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Natura-Sibe.../dp/B017T4CFDO

At first I misread your post, thinking you were testing a scalp water. Those have quite a tradition where I'm from
    Yes it is!

Scalp water? As in an herbal mix that goes on the scalp? I've tried those too. The Agafia ones actually. I didn't feel like they did anything for me and were too fiddly to use. Mom likes them though.