Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you wear your hair when you are lounging around at home?

Default How do you wear your hair when you are lounging around at home?

I've been struggling getting comfortable slouching on my couch the last few weeks. I can't stand having a lump from a bun or ponytail behind my head and so I have generally left it loose. Now though its getting long enough to get stuck behind me, really tug, and end up tangled, plus I worry a bit about damage. I've been trying some different things, but was curious how you all with much longer hair manage this. Thanks.

Default Re: How do you wear your hair when you are lounging around at home?

Quote Originally Posted by macguffin View Post
    I've been struggling getting comfortable slouching on my couch the last few weeks. I can't stand having a lump from a bun or ponytail behind my head and so I have generally left it loose. Now though its getting long enough to get stuck behind me, really tug, and end up tangled, plus I worry a bit about damage. I've been trying some different things, but was curious how you all with much longer hair manage this. Thanks.
    You can try loosely braiding your hair. I also like to do really high buns.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I wear a side braid or a loose bun sitting on the top of my head (held with a stick).

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Generally french braided, in a nautilus bun, or loose inside my silk sleep cap. I slouch sideways onto the armrest, not backwards, so the back of my head never touches the couch.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Quote Originally Posted by Anemone64 View Post
    You can try loosely braiding your hair. I also like to do really high buns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
    I wear a side braid or a loose bun sitting on the top of my head (held with a stick).
    Still need a more length for a solid braid but I hadn't considered tying it on top of my head. I'll have to try that this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larki View Post
    Generally french braided, in a nautilus bun, or loose inside my silk sleep cap. I slouch sideways onto the armrest, not backwards, so the back of my head never touches the couch.
    Learning to lounge that way would probably really pay off, but that would be too much effort while trying to relax.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Braided buns for me. I generally just pin up my night braid in an L-Infinity.
    When my hair was too short for braids and buns, I did a half-up, which at least kept the face-framing hair away from my eyes.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

High bun, braid, or sleep cap depending on the duration of lounging.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

I unwind at night with my hair in a low, loose, ponytail with a no damage hair tie found on Amazon.
    I like the pastel colors but you can find dark colors too. Search for the best deals.

If on the couch I put the ponytail over my shoulder; if in bed I flip it over the pillow.

My fine, wispy, silver never tangles.... and it is comfy for my sensitive scalp.

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I can't stand wearing a bun when I need to rest my head against something! I usually just wear my hair in a simple braid and bring it over one of my shoulders. I'm not sure what length you're at exactly, but when I had a layered bob I found I couldn't put my hair in a ponytail yet but my hair would stay back if I did two French braids. Maybe try doing two somewhat snug French braids?
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Ahh I have this problem too! I hate the feeling of a bump when sitting in a chair, etc. Most of the time I end up just letting it loose also
    currently approaching tbl