Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner

I’ve tried the Shea butter and the curl quench conditioner. Love the smell but found they didn’t give enough slip. Have also tried the Shea butter hair mask as a leave in conditioner which made my hair dry.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I tried a Maui Moisture product for the first time yesterday. It was the bamboo fibre shampoo that I'd bought at a Superdrug sale perhaps a year ago. It is very creamy and thick, kinda hard to get out of the bottle. A couple of times the shampoo just got sucked back in, which took me by surprise.

It definitely lathered a lot and felt like a sulfate shampoo in general, which I guess is explained by the fact that the main surfactant is olefin sulfonate.

Perhaps it could be an idea to dilute this, just for ease of application, since the cleaning power definitely seems to be there.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I tried a Maui Moisture product for the first time yesterday. It was the bamboo fibre shampoo that I'd bought at a Superdrug sale perhaps a year ago. It is very creamy and thick, kinda hard to get out of the bottle. A couple of times the shampoo just got sucked back in, which took me by surprise.

It definitely lathered a lot and felt like a sulfate shampoo in general, which I guess is explained by the fact that the main surfactant is olefin sulfonate.

Perhaps it could be an idea to dilute this, just for ease of application, since the cleaning power definitely seems to be there.
    Well, this doesn't bode well. The top-front part of my scalp got really itchy about 24 hours post-wash. That has never happened before. I can't say for sure it was because of the shampoo, but that's the only thing that was different. Either way, I'm using it up on the lengths only, just in case.

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Anyone notice a formula change on the purple bottle? I opened a new bottle and immediately noticed the texture is gel like and the scent has changed. The conditioner now sucks and our hair has static, plus the same scent change. I compared to the old bottle and the ingredients are a little off, but there is no announcement on the front of the bottle letting me know i should expect disappointment. This was the perfect product for me and I am so sad and angry. Why do they always do this? Every product I've ever loved or even liked has been "improved", and there has never once been a time where I haven't hated the new formula. It makes me lose faith in the brand. And it's obviously super risky trying new products because if something is damaging i won't love my hair anymore and I'll have to cut it back and wait however many years. So angry.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GoddesJourney View Post
    Anyone notice a formula change on the purple bottle? I opened a new bottle and immediately noticed the texture is gel like and the scent has changed. The conditioner now sucks and our hair has static, plus the same scent change. I compared to the old bottle and the ingredients are a little off, but there is no announcement on the front of the bottle letting me know i should expect disappointment. This was the perfect product for me and I am so sad and angry. Why do they always do this? Every product I've ever loved or even liked has been "improved", and there has never once been a time where I haven't hated the new formula. It makes me lose faith in the brand. And it's obviously super risky trying new products because if something is damaging i won't love my hair anymore and I'll have to cut it back and wait however many years. So angry.
    That sucks. Sorry to hear. Have you noticed anything in common with the products that your hair does appreciate? I recently found out my scalp doesn't like stearate in shampoo, and it was a bit of a revelation because I realised it wasn't about the sulfates or lack thereof at all as I'd previously thought. (Somewhat related to the thread as well since my scalp could not tolerate the Maui Moisture shampoo I recently tried.)

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

That sucks. Sorry to hear. Have you noticed anything in common with the products that your hair does appreciate? I recently found out my scalp doesn't like stearate in shampoo, and it was a bit of a revelation because I realised it wasn't about the sulfates or lack thereof at all as I'd previously thought. (Somewhat related to the thread as well since my scalp could not tolerate the Maui Moisture shampoo I recently tried.)
    Hates sulfates. Hates silicones and dies quickly with either. Loves macadamia oil more than anything. Loves shea butter. Austin had a "Moist" formula way back with macadamia oil and that was when I first found out how amazing it was. They later substituted that for guava or something and the product did nothing for me after that. I found Garnier Fructise Triple Nutrition. Best thing I had ever used until I found Maui Moisture. They added silicones and removed some of the oils so I abandoned them and my hair was destroyed. Tried a few things along the way that were alright.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I ordered the bamboo fiber shampoo but what arrived today was the conditioner, not what I ordered. But it's fine, I'll re order it again so I will have the matching S&C now. I read it's been good at treating itchy scalp and reducing hair fall, so I'm excited to see how it works. The conditioner does smell a bit manly for my taste tbough

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    I ordered the bamboo fiber shampoo but what arrived today was the conditioner, not what I ordered. But it's fine, I'll re order it again so I will have the matching S&C now. I read it's been good at treating itchy scalp and reducing hair fall, so I'm excited to see how it works. The conditioner does smell a bit manly for my taste tbough
    That particular shampoo gave me a terribly itchy scalp. Just a heads up! However, if your scalp is generally okay with opaque (as opposed to clear) shampoos, it will probably be fine.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

That particular shampoo gave me a terribly itchy scalp. Just a heads up! However, if your scalp is generally okay with opaque (as opposed to clear) shampoos, it will probably be fine.
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you. My scalp does fine with clear or opaque. I recently found my hair loves aloe vera and I saw this as the first ingredient so I had to try it. I tried the shampoo today. I love how it lathers. It feels nice and unlike how most shampoos tangle my hair after washing, this one doesn't

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Even though it feels nice in the shower, I think this is drying the hell out of my hair. It's the only thing I've changed and my hair feels like straw now. I guess I'll use it up as a body wash instead. Anyone else have the same experience??