Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner

After looking forward to trying this brand for a long time, I'm going to have to give a negative review for the Coconut Curl Quench shampoo.
    It was fine the first time and of course, smells amazing. The scent and packaging was what made me want to have it.

With repeated usage, however, comes more hairfall and I feel even with the Awapuhi conditioner, was kind of drying. I will now just use the products as a body wash.
    ☼ ☽ CL - SL - Collarbone - APL - BSL - WL ☾ ☼ ​
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b76820fe04c7a7abe7460af10e2e58f3/234c604de5aacec4-fe/s2048x3072/889011b4db3765321357dcdf1fe6cb7704e778ff.png

Length
    12/16.5/50

I have Maui moisture range but it has an ingredient that can cause scalp irritation in some people, I'll use it eventually, but maybe once a month, just in case I'm one of the Unlucky ones who get a reaction

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Can we talk about gel and leave ins here too?

I discovered the Coconut oil gel (thanks to amazon) and while I was never impressed with most MM products (I ANGRILY tossed the leave-ins in the trash after terrible results), the gel is LIFE. I seem to not like aloe vera unless it is part of a gel, then it always leads to amazing hold and zero flakes. I found the gel in Amazon and have never seen it in stores. It's a little up there $15 for 12 oz, but still a better deal than KCCC, minus the flakes and dryness!

It's at the top of my stash, but I still have a looooooot of gels to use up once this is done. I may hoard some extra just in case, though
    three months heat free
    NL |SL | APL | BSL | WSL | HL
    flaws are the most advanced form of art.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

blackgothicdoll, Amazon has the 12oz Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Ultra-Hold Gel for $7.09-I guess this is the one? It sounds great, but I wonder about the high amount of glycerin-hit or miss for me. Can you describe the fragrance? I have so many gels and creams, but so many don't work consistently for me and this is rather inexpensive.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    blackgothicdoll, Amazon has the 12oz Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Ultra-Hold Gel for $7.09-I guess this is the one? It sounds great, but I wonder about the high amount of glycerin-hit or miss for me. Can you describe the fragrance? I have so many gels and creams, but so many don't work consistently for me and this is rather inexpensive.
    Oh wow! Before it was 14-15 bucks when I last bought it! Guess it's time for me to stock up

As for fragrance, sniffing it now. It has that standard kind of 'gel' smell, I wish I could describe that better, with a whiff of sweetness to kind of mask the gel smell, but you can still smell the gel smell. I'm sure that's not helpful at all haha. All I can say is that once it's in my hair I don't think I really smell it. My hair smells sweet now, which could be my leave-in, but not the kind of synthetic feeling gel smell.

Funny you mention it, anything with glycerin in the top three is a no for me, but I love aloe vera gel and just wish avg gave me more hold, which is why I gave this one a shot. I think the aloe vera redeems glycerin which I typically hate in a leave-in, but we'll revisit that once it gets humid - glycerin-rich products are awful when it comes to making hair fluff/frizz in humid weather.
    three months heat free
    NL |SL | APL | BSL | WSL | HL
    flaws are the most advanced form of art.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I hope you were able to grab some-now my @#$% cart says: Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Ultra-Hold Gel, for Curly Hair Styling, Vegan, No Drying Alcohols, Paraben Free, Silicone Free has increased from $7.09 to $14.87. I was ready to do it before, but not so sure now...gotta love/hate Amazon...

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    I hope you were able to grab some-now my @#$% cart says: Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Ultra-Hold Gel, for Curly Hair Styling, Vegan, No Drying Alcohols, Paraben Free, Silicone Free has increased from $7.09 to $14.87. I was ready to do it before, but not so sure now...gotta love/hate Amazon...
    I just came here to say this! I did grab two jars at $7, thanks to you. It's super weird that it's fluctuating so drastically. I wonder what's going on there. :/

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

And today it is back at $7 0_0

Type
    1b/F/ii

Ok so I gave the Coconut Quench and Awapuhi several more washes to know I'm not trippin and...It worked again? I didn't have the shed issues anymore. I take my negative review back. Turns out it just didn't work for my mom.
    Weird.
    ☼ ☽ CL - SL - Collarbone - APL - BSL - WL ☾ ☼ ​
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b76820fe04c7a7abe7460af10e2e58f3/234c604de5aacec4-fe/s2048x3072/889011b4db3765321357dcdf1fe6cb7704e778ff.png

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    And today it is back at $7 0_0
    Well, now I say thanks to you, lol! After your review, I wanted to try it, and I'm really glad to get it at half the standard price. I hope my hair can ignore the glycerin, too. Florida is, I would say, 90% humid frizzy weather, so it may just be another one for the books...everything I have has been making my hair feel so dry lately, and this looks promising.