Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner

Length
    15/35/38
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner

I'm trying out Maui Moisture's Shea butter shampoo & conditioner at the moment, because I wanted to see if going sulphate/silicone free would help my dry hair situation.

After a couple of weeks using it I'm not particularly impressed with it, but I don't hate it either. Overall I don't think it's worth the price and won't be repurchasing, though as has been said above it doesn't take much product to get a good lather!

Reservechic, I just checked their website and the Shea mask isn't alcohol free is alcohol-free conditioning really important when it comes to being sulphate/silicone free? Wondering whether to give being sulphate/cone free another try but with a different conditioner.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Bumping this thread to say that the color protection + sea minerals conditioner is so good. I really like all the products I’ve tried from this brand so far. And the scents are to die for

So funny I come across this thread because I literally just went to return one of their hair masks at the store. It was the Vanilla Bean hair mask and it was terrible. No slip, no detangling properties, no moisture, just dry. It made my hair feel dry and dull and so hard to comb through. It looked like a thick cream but when I applied it, it felt so thin. It was as if I used no conditioner at all. Not a fan :/

I had to come back and post an updated review of this line. Because, my feelings towards it has definitely changed. Now, I did like the performance of their masks better than their shampoos. Their styling products are a no for me anymore, because they start to make my hair greasy to the touch, and I feel that they leave my hair overmoisturized and sticky. I can't personally recommend this line, if you happen to have a medical scalp disorder or even if you happen to have very sensitive skin either. Because, I also noticed increased breakouts from the products, and I'm on the highest level of Retin A they prescribe.

Unfortunately, through repeated usage, I was left dealing with a very agitated scalp (as I do suffer with scalp eczema), so I ended up stopping usage of every product from the line that I had in my house and I gave them away to somebody else, who was open to trying them. I know that not everyone will have the same experience with these products, or with the product line in general. Nonetheless, these products ended up sending my scalp eczema into quite a frenzy, and ended up causing increased breakouts on my face, especially on my forehead area. A youtuber named "Curly Proverbz" also experienced issues with her scalp from usage of product the line, and had made a video speaking very much in depth on it. Which is why, I highly recommend proceeding with caution when it comes to this line. If you do choose to buy from it, definitely make sure that it is from someone that gives out refunds or does exchanges on opened items. So, that way, you won't risk the possibility of seeing your money go straight down the drain!
    Last edited by Reservechic; August 29th, 2018 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitke View Post
    I'm trying out Maui Moisture's Shea butter shampoo & conditioner at the moment, because I wanted to see if going sulphate/silicone free would help my dry hair situation.

After a couple of weeks using it I'm not particularly impressed with it, but I don't hate it either. Overall I don't think it's worth the price and won't be repurchasing, though as has been said above it doesn't take much product to get a good lather!

Reservechic, I just checked their website and the Shea mask isn't alcohol free is alcohol-free conditioning really important when it comes to being sulphate/silicone free? Wondering whether to give being sulphate/cone free another try but with a different conditioner.
    Their hair masks are all actually alcohol free (by alcohol free, I mean 100% free of any drying alcohols). They may contain ingredients that have the word alcohol attached to them, but there are such ingredients as moisturizing alcohols, and then on the other hand there are drying alcohols as well. Now, their bottled conditioners all contain Alcohol listed in them. The word Alcohol is considered to be a drying alcohol, and unless a person can stand using such on their hair on a regular basis, then I would highly recommend avoiding products that contain drying alcohol in them altogether, whether one is on the CG Method or not.
    Last edited by Reservechic; August 29th, 2018 at 12:03 PM.

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Bumping this thread to say that the color protection + sea minerals conditioner is so good. I really like all the products I’ve tried from this brand so far. And the scents are to die for
    Yes. I’ve been using this one since I hennindigoed this month. I’m trying again the silicone and sulphate free thing, while slowly oiling my hair as the week wears on until it’s time to wash again. So far so good, it cleanses and hasn’t stripped color from my roots, where the hennindigo turns reddish brown after a while if I use regular shampoo. I’ve used it 3x now. I’m only using the shampoo. I’ve other conditioners.
    Last edited by RavennaNight; August 31st, 2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on these? I just bought them today since they are all natural and sulfate free but I have shoulder length hair and I want to make sure I'm using good products that wont hurt my growth!
    I tried the coconut shampoo (blue bottle) and the shea conditioner (hot pink/magenta bottle) and it left my hair feeling dry.
    The conditioner left my tub super slippery but my hair was dry ha.

Didn't like this brand :/

Fudge, this thread isn't filling me with warm fuzzies about this product. I just bought a bunch of bottles since they were on sale and they had the bonus size bottles. Haven't gotten a chance to try them yet though. Will post my results after I try them. :sighs:

Length
    SL/WL/HL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    I just got this conditioner last week (even though I don't color my hair, I preferred the scent/ingredients to their other conditioners) and I love it so far. I only condition from the ears down, so I don't have any of the scalp issues that others have mentioned - any kind of conditioner anywhere NEAR my scalp is a no-go - and it's the first conditioner I've ever used that actually leaves a scent in my hair for more than few hours. Plus my hair is super soft and glossy.

It's a two days after the second time I've done CO washes with this brand, last week used the shea, this week coconut milk. My hair is extra slippery right now. My hair is definitely not dried out, which is amazing considering how dry my everything else is due to winter weather! Of course I do have to say that I have only recently started the CO washing. So I do not know whether it is my hair acting favorably to the CO or the brand or both. I'm afraid it will take me a while to work out. I have a rather flighty nature when it comes what hair products I use. I rarely use the same ones in a row.

On an interesting note the shea one smelt more like coconut than the coconut one! Over a week after used the shea I would still catch the smell of coconut wafting off my hair, but it is just two days after using the coconut one and my hair smells like nothing. I wonder if it has something to do with technique...