Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner

Length
    Pixie/CL/TBL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner

Quote Originally Posted by Natashap View Post
    I wanted to try samples but did not find any.The bottle looks tiny for the price.
    The consistency of the product is super thick, it really only takes a tiny bit of the shampoo to get a prodigious amount of lather (at least with the Bamboo one). Walgreens had a "buy two hair products, get 1 free" deal, so I picked up the deep conditioner and called it a day. It smells amazing, I'm excited to see how it works after a few weeks.

EL - 08/2022
    PT Circumference 07.2017: 2.5" 01.2018: 2.75" 06.2018: 3.00"

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

They are currently on sale at Ulta, buy one get one 50% off, if anyone is interested in trying this brand.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    shldr/tbl/term?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii

I've been using the raw agave oil since February and a little goes a long way. Haven't used the shampoos or conditioners because they're really small for the price and my hair likes 78 cent VO5 a lot lol

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I use the shampoo and conditioner 'thicken and restore' (bamboo). I got the leave in for 'curl quench' (coconut) and the hair mask 'strength and anti breakage' (agave). Yes I got a little from everything.

I absolutely love this brand! It does so much good to my hair. It feels thicker, moisture, it shines more and the smell of the products is amazing. I only need a little from everything so it last a long time. Also a huge plus for me is that it's vegan and all natural.

Length
    12,5/35,4/37
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I bought the bamboo fibers conditioner a few weeks ago but it has absolutely no effect on my hair. What a failure.. :/

Length
    CBL/Waist/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i

I got the mask with the bamboo fibers some months ago, it made my hair really crunchy....didn't end up liking it. I think I used the rest of the mask to shave my legs. lol. Haven't tried the regular conditioners or anything.

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

The mask works for me when I use it in dry hair and wash & conditioner afterward. Maybe you can try that? I’m still very happy with the products and I love the smell

Boots (UK) has Maui on a 1/3 off sale ATM.

I've tried different shampoo, hair masks, and styles from Maui Mousture. Their shampoos don't leave my hair stripped, however, they do absolutely nothing to tackle my scalp eczema, however, they of course aren't made for that, so I can't really complain in that regards. It does the bardic job that a shampoo is supposed to do, so if your looking for a basic, non-stripping shampoo, then I would recommend giving Maui Mousture Shsmpoos a try. Their hair masks are actually what I use when I need to DC my hair. Their truly the best deep conditioners that I have ever used. When it comes to their Curl Milk, I have only used it as a leave in and not a stand alone styler, and I found it to be okay, nothing spectacular. And, when it comes to their Curl Smoothie, I like everything about this product, however, it is not one that I can use when the weather gets very hot, because it makes my hair start to feel on the greasy side, other than that, if you are someone with naturally dry, curly hair and you prefer using moisturizing styling creams in your hair, then this product is definitely worth giving a try for sure.

All of Maui Moisture's bottled conditioners contain Alcohol, which is very drying to the hair. Which is why, I don't use them on my hair at all. Don't know why, they put Alcohol as an ingredient in their bottled conditioners, as it does nothing to support healthy hair growth. Instead, it just works to really dry ones hair out. Their hair masks on the other hand are Alcohol free and are definitely worth giving a try, if you haven't already.